Denon AVR 1905, any good?

Dear all,

Need advise and review on this new Denon entry level AV amp. Rated 80w per channel, but hearsay Denon AVR always overrated, will I be buying a weakling to fill my 11x11x10 feet room?

Why 1905? Because it is the only AV amp below 15cm tall with all channel preout so that I can use with my stereo amp. Yes, my shelf is only 15cm tall.

Thanks in advance guys...

Yu Hock

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you seen it here? and how much?

7 discrete channels, DPLIIx ... pretty good brand,  I'd say great except haven't heard it yet ;)

how 80Wpc will fill your room will depend on what speakers, and how loud you want to play I guess, but seeing as you have the pre-outs you can always add outboard amplification later

Hi,

Price quoted was SGD550 me think. Seen at a few SLS audio shops. Yes, decoder seems comprehensive.

Say if I preout the front 2 to my azur 640amp, which amp should control the volume? Do I need to turn on both amp? A bit lost here, thanks in advance for clearing my doubts.

Yu hock

I think its easier to fix the volume on the Azur and let the Denon control.

If you have your CDP running into the Azur, then you don't need to turn on the Denon for listening to music.

However this would disrupt the settings for your HT volume, so its probably best to run everything thru the Denon, and use the Azur as a sort of poweramp. 'Course, this means switch both on when listening to anything

Hi,

Price quoted was SGD550 me think. Seen at a few SLS audio shops. Yes, decoder seems comprehensive.

Say if I preout the front 2 to my azur 640amp, which amp should control the volume? Do I need to turn on both amp? A bit lost here, thanks in advance for clearing my doubts.

Yu hock

Did I hear wrongly ? Denon 1905 only S$550 ? Than those lower models like 1804 , 1705 , 1604 and 1404 must be super-buy and must buy .......

Hi Norma and Seriusly cold,

Thanks for the 'Buy' call for AVR1905, but do you work for Denon or what ;D

I am tempted to buy but hearsay Azur 640R about to release within a month. So better to wait lor.

Seriusly cold, I fully understand now how it work. Thanks a bunch guys!

Cheers...

Yu Hock

Dear all,

Need advise and review on this new Denon entry level AV amp. Rated 80w per channel, but hearsay Denon AVR always overrated, will I be buying a weakling to fill my 11x11x10 feet room?

Why 1905? Because it is the only AV amp below 15cm tall with all channel preout so that I can use with my stereo amp. Yes, my shelf is only 15cm tall.

Thanks in advance guys...

Yu Hock

7x80w is probably overratted like most other AV amp but i believe 11'x11'x10' is no problem for the 1905, probably 30W~40W or so would be enough to fill the whole room.

dont mind be saying this, do not put the amp in cramp space, when working, most amp give up quite a lot of heat. give it some space to breath.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Actually, the shelf is much taller(18cm), except there is a 3cm 'L' metal bar running lengthwise & atop that supporting the TV weight, that limits the usage of powerful amp but not 1905.

Will drop by Merdeka if I really wants one.

• 2 weeks later...