Modded Pioneer BDP 450 from Taobao

Got back a while ago and quickly put in a Cinavia affected disc and volla! no problem playing it :)  This to me is money well spent alone! :)

With Qdeo, the PQ is slightly richer in color tone and a tad sharper than the S790 but personally, I see it as a close fight, maybe the 450 winning just by a nose! :D

Lots of stuff to try on with this modded player!

At $380 including 5 x 25G and 5 x 50G (2D and 3D) BRs' plus a Monster 2.43m M2000HD Hyper speed HDMI cable, it's a good buy!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for this player. Yesterday went to HN and Courts at Jurong Point and both outlets did not have. Any place I can get in Singapore besides Taobao? Taobao maybe my next alternative.

What do you mean by 'moded'?

See this..

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.37.MOdkWE&id=24336708403

Very easy to mod this player with custom firmware.

jus make sure u dont update to latest official firmware!

If u find it difficult to do, then I can do it for u at a token sum of $20.

Only catch is, u gotta bring ur set with remote over to my place in pasir ris ( my home )

So far, SACD ISO no problem, DVD audio-r playable but can't change audio selection (manual in Chinese, so got to ask wifey to interpret) so stayed tuned.  Anyone with a original DVD Audio disc

BR ISO also no problem!

Tks DizzyD for the 2 discs to try out.  Will do more testing and advise!

Cheers

Very easy to mod this player with custom firmware.

jus make sure u dont update to latest official firmware!

If u find it difficult to do, then I can do it for u at a token sum of $20.

Only catch is, u gotta bring ur set with remote over to my place in pasir ris ( my home )

bro ..any idea where to download the custom  firmware..thanks

I read the AVS thread and it interesting to note that modded BDP-450 can do the following: 

1) Play ISOs for both 2D and 3D

2) Play BDMV folder

3) No CINAVIA

4) Plays SACD ISO

5) Plays DVD Audio ISO

6) Plays SACD-R (i.e. SACD ISO burned onto DVD)

7) Last but not least some of the above capability can be performed over SMB/NFS protocol in addition to the USB HDD.

The issue now is which CFW does all the above.  ;D Bro Francis' BDP-450 CFW is called DIAMOND btw.

For those that can read Chinese well please look into the HK Forums that discussed this at length. I gathered that Russian AV forum also discussed this and have produced CFWs. But are there anyone that knows russian here?  ;D

Diamond cfw is version 5 and above.

the cracked firmware, which is free is version 4.

the hacker that did this ver 4 firmware found out that the russians found a loophole

in his firmware to make it free for all to use.

he then made the ver 5 which has not been cracked yet.

u have to pay to use ver 5.

thats what i understand in the russian forums...

See my first post on the pricing from Taobao!  Note that the shipping is to my friend place in Shenzhen!  For Singapore, u have to go thru' their agent here so not sure of the arrangement and pricing.

Note, u have to get version 4 player before u can use the AVS CFW if u want to upgrade yourself!

See my first post on the pricing from Taobao!  Note that the shipping is to my friend place in Shenzhen!  For Singapore, u have to go thru' their agent here so not sure of the arrangement and pricing.

Note, u have to get version 4 player before u can use the AVS CFW if u want to upgrade yourself!

The pricing range is quite large. What do you end up paying?

sorry was looking at the taobao link...

not bad price :)

can source a few more? :D