Music and Concert Blu-ray Recommendations & Discussion

Just saw this at HMV during the weekend.  IT IS HERE!!  DON'T WAIT!!!

Come in a few versions, YOU GOT BUY THIS FIRST....  The 4-Blu-Ray disc version. Over $200 SGD but I would buy this at twice the price!!

You play LP?  You go get the 9-Vinyl disc version.

I bought the 8CD pack version as well.

If you listen to Kraftwerk, YOU MUST BUY THIS.

Last night, I pop in the first disc, I was totally BLOWN_AWAY!!  This is Kraftwerk at the absolute best fidelity!! Multiple synthesizers melodies dancing all around the room, solid bass notes pumping and gyrating throughout.  Solid graphics in 3-D dancing and teasing you on the screen.  You push up the volume.....it never distorts....the neighbours opening and slamming their doors, you can't hear them, you don't care!!!  ATMOS sound available but I was just doing True Dolby.  Hey, I listen to Kraftwerk for decades, yes, these tracks are new and remastered!!

Please watch this in 3-D, even the old B&W footage (The Model & Tour De France) are now in 3D.  Yes, even the image of the very boring "4-band members standing behind their keyboards pretending to do something" is now so sharp and "real"; nothing compared their other concert DVD disc "Minimum, Maximum".  And yes, unlike "Minimum , Maximum" no audience noise is being mixed into the tracks...all you get is clean loud music!!

You ask me for a rating?  I give this 20 out of 10, it is really that good!!

(Audio)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CASH

Just saw this at HMV during the weekend.  IT IS HERE!!  DON'T WAIT!!!

Come in a few versions, YOU GOT BUY THIS FIRST....  The 4-Blu-Ray disc version. Over $200 SGD but I would buy this at twice the price!!

You play LP?  You go get the 9-Vinyl disc version.

I bought the 8CD pack version as well.

If you listen to Kraftwerk, YOU MUST BUY THIS.

Last night, I pop in the first disc, I was totally BLOWN_AWAY!!  This is Kraftwerk at the absolute best fidelity!! Multiple synthesizers melodies dancing all around the room, solid bass notes pumping and gyrating throughout.  Solid graphics in 3-D dancing and teasing you on the screen.  You push up the volume.....it never distorts....the neighbours opening and slamming their doors, you can't hear them, you don't care!!!  ATMOS sound available but I was just doing True Dolby.  Hey, I listen to Kraftwerk for decades, yes, these tracks are new and remastered!!

Please watch this in 3-D, even the old B&W footage (The Model & Tour De France) are now in 3D.  Yes, even the image of the very boring "4-band members standing behind their keyboards pretending to do something" is now so sharp and "real"; nothing compared their other concert DVD disc "Minimum, Maximum".  And yes, unlike "Minimum , Maximum" no audience noise is being mixed into the tracks...all you get is clean loud music!!

You ask me for a rating?  I give this 20 out of 10, it is really that good!!

(Audio)

+100%!!!!!

superb sound mastering/engineering!!!

what a feast of Aural/Visual marvels!!

• 4 months later...

38508581-_C3_A7-484_B-96_E0-_AB2_F2_ED0_FCF0.jpg

We have been to quite a number of gigs this year and we both agreed the Rimi Natsukawa concert at The Star is the most outstanding. The CDs and this DVD don’t do her justice. Her pipes is practically a God given musical instrument. Such effortless singing and a voice that makes a beeline for your soul, and I don’t even know what she is singing about. She gives meaning to the word transcendent. Who dares to sing with just a Yang Qin and a piano as accompaniment, only a real singer can do that. When is the last time you see grown men’s tears streaming down unabashedly?

My wife’s Japanese colleague was going to make a trip here and I got her to pick this DVD up. It’s not even half as good as that magical evening, but it’s close enough.

18_D010_E4-11_C8-4_D13-8755-1_FB1_AEDC940_D.jpg

Popped this in and a rush of good memories engulfed us. I still can’t believe the missus said yes and our Bangkok adventure began over Chinese New Year. This was the coolest gig we had gone to in 2016 and the Thais sure know how to party.

The Blu-ray does a great job of giving us ring side seats and the Queen of Pop is in top form. The colours pop and the vocals outstanding. Oh goodness... the memories of that wild night.

5_B2_AE144-_CD9_C-4_C6_F-_B323-95065_CDFBB32.jpg

I have seen Alt-j twice and each time they have improved. Live at the Red Rocks features a picturesque sight, but they still lack stage presence. They are practically nailed to one spot and spout the same old quips with little conviction. Their third album barely register a blimp in my consciousness, so I am giving their third gig a miss. This Blu-ray+CD features only stereo sonics albeit on DTS HD-MA.

David Gilmour returns to the Pompeii amphitheatre where Pink Floyd once performed with no audience.  This time he brings a full, modern visual show and a full crowd.

David-Gilmour-Pompeii-Movie-Poster.jpg

Sound is great and performance is great. Would probably prefer a few less Gilmour solo numbers and a few more PF songs, Echoes would have been a good one to throw in since it was done on the original 1972 concert.  But if a PF fan, this is well worth checking out.

David Gilmour returns to the Pompeii amphitheatre where Pink Floyd once performed with no audience.  This time he brings a full, modern visual show and a full crowd.

David-Gilmour-Pompeii-Movie-Poster.jpg

Sound is great and performance is great. Would probably prefer a few less Gilmour solo numbers and a few more PF songs, Echoes would have been a good one to throw in since it was done on the original 1972 concert.  But if a PF fan, this is well worth checking out.

Also highly rated and recommended by me....truly great concert Blu Ray!!

"............'Cause if they catch you in the back seat, trying to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box.............You better run!!"

(Audio)

• 1 month later...

0_E1_CF37_B-8_CAD-46_A9-8133-920_EFB67587_D.jpg

7_D6_EA973-1672-4837-_AD45-705_B24_E4_A578.jpg

This is the best concert I have seen on Blu-ray this year. 21 tracks, stripped down to their soul, reinterpreted brilliantly. Morten Harket’s has mellowed so well. Would have loved to sit amongst the audience.

There is a 2-CD version of the gig, but I feel the Blu-ray is way to go for this. Lots of vids on YouTube so go sample.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the best concert I have seen on Blu-ray this year. 21 tracks, stripped down to their soul, reinterpreted brilliantly. Morten Harket’s has mellowed so well. Would have loved to sit amongst the audience.

There is a 2-CD version of the gig, but I feel the Blu-ray is way to go for this. Lots of vids on YouTube so go sample.

Is the Blu Ray Region Free or can it play on our local players?

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

You seen it on their Asian Super Tour concert.

You watch it on the SIA Inflight Entertainment Music and Concert Channel.

Now you seen it on Blu Ray......

WOW!!  The concerts sound like nuts, no thanks to the bad speakers they used.  The SIA concert video has a small screen and running length had been reduced to under an hour.

Now, you get the Blu Ray and blast it on your 7.1 sound system and shoot it into your 100" screen....

WAHHHHHHH!!  All the melodies are still repeating in my head for the last few days!!  MUST BUY!!

"In the inner sanctum, you're a star....................."

(Audio)

• 1 year later...

The image link is broken - but I'm guessing you meant Hans Zimmer Live in Prague. I just started listening to the album in TIDAL - and it's brilliant in MQA. Was surprised to see it in Dolby Atmos on BluRay so I quickly ordered it..

The image link is broken - but I'm guessing you meant Hans Zimmer Live in Prague. I just started listening to the album in TIDAL - and it's brilliant in MQA. Was surprised to see it in Dolby Atmos on BluRay so I quickly ordered it..

b08c69c9b7518ddef6c3c95cb702d692.jpg

It’s this one.

I also have the Hans Zimmer one. It’s awesome too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

OMG....wonderful and fantastic!!  Great PQ and SQ.....unbelievable!

They are holding back the 4K UHD Blu Ray release but it looks wonderful on 4K streaming.  I will sleep well tonight.  :)

(Audio)