Best USB Cable for under $800

Currently I am using a Furutech GT2 USB cable which I find  to be pretty good. I was wondering whether there would be better USB cable that would better my GT2 sonically and musically. I do not have the good fortunate to able to try different USB cables in my system so I have asking bros here to share their experience.

Some contenders for the best USB cable under $800 would be

1. Wireworld Platinum Starlight

2. Audioquest Diamond USB

3. JPS The Superconductor 3

4. JPS The Superconductor Q

5. Nordost Blue Heaven

6. Acoustic Revive

7. Oyaide Continental 5S Silver

Bros please share your experience.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acoustic revive sp and audioquest diamond leads the pack among those you listed. >$700, They have their own characteristics which makes them standout individually. If you are coming from stocked,ww ultraviolet or GT equivalent, you will likely not be disappointed imho. You have to convince yourself at the end of the day and also beat the critics, it's your money!  8)

this one cannot diy hor  ;D

Actually you can buy the connectors online & make your own. I tested one & it works but must use twisted pairs; I used network cables. However, not a lot of space to work with as the space in the connectors are pretty small

I have been quite impressed with the basic Crystal.

agreed with dh that crystal is so far the best all rounder. But it is out of his budget range.

With your current budget. You probably will need to upgrade one more time. Why dun bite the bullet and get something better?

You own the acoustic revive sp and the audioquest diamond? How do they sound?

My POV, both sound transparent, big soundstage and very detailed in general where diamond would be more neutral, AR would be slightly forward.

I am a non believer in usb cables till i attended a shootout..am using AR sp now(in my budget). Of cos, more budget allows, there are some over this level..