Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)

16 hours ago, armoury said:

That's an incredible price!  I got a 65 C8 (when it was the new model) for around $6K, so although the C9 is now "last year's model", price-wise it's a steal.  

IIRC the improved processor jump was from C7 to C8, not sure about after, but heck at $2299 I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...

After more than 2 wks my bil ask me whether still hv. Sales guy told me sold off after I didn't sound interested. Wasted ah. 

27 minutes ago, domho8 said:

After more than 2 wks my bil ask me whether still hv. Sales guy told me sold off after I didn't sound interested. Wasted ah. 

Was that the last of their inventory? I suppose they no longer have C9, only CX or later models?

My plasma still going strong, I am still waiting for as long as possible ...

I heard this year, 8K OLED is the “in thing”... maybe late 2021 they can start clearing CX...

Or maybe wait until 2022 for early model 8K OLED to clear...

Edited by Boxerfan88

On 3/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Boxerfan88 said:

Was that the last of their inventory? I suppose they no longer have C9, only CX or later models?

My plasma still going strong, I am still waiting for as long as possible ...

I heard this year, 8K OLED is the “in thing”... maybe late 2021 they can start clearing CX...

Or maybe wait until 2022 for early model 8K OLED to clear...

If got lobang will post here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, YANG said:

After TOASTY and PRISM+

here comes one another local name/OEM that offers 65incher @ a very tempting price!

WhatsAppImage2020-09-15at12.17.58PM_1024

https://www.k5.com.sg/products/65-4k-high-definition-uhd-smart-led-tv

WhatsApp_Image_2020-09-15_at_1.06.47_PM_

https://www.facebook.com/K5-106730164567519/?ref=py_c

@ $900 w/2yrs warranty is tempting to buyers,

especially those who had been eyeing on local SMEs like TOASTY and PRISM+.

However, how the warranty works as an package,

and without further details in their webpage, it's not easy to get clarifications.

2 place where you can experience the visual quality of the K5 TV other than their office showroom in ulu area.

JCube and AMKHub

https://k5.com.sg/find-us/

After iFFALCON, one another Australian Market Marque coming soon. This time round, it's build by China's ChangHong!

https://rumah.com.au/chiq-tv-review/

Spotted the brand listing in NEA's Power Rating Ticks database...

https://e-services.nea.gov.sg/els/Pages/Search/PublicSearchProduct.aspx?param=goods&type=p

...just that the models are not listed yet. Probably still in evaluation?

After Toasty, PRISM+ and the last K5, there's a new SG KID in town!

"Aura Q"

https://auraq.sg/

And they come with a BANG!

(try adding in a AIR MOUSE remote control to other brands in the market...i wonder how will they be priced)

In terms of specs and price, you can compare their products to China marques like TCL, HiSense and Skyworth. Though the last 2 are in their last life line of being wiped out by TCL, and it's sub-brand iFFALCON that comes with better warranty package, and facing dangerous challenge from ChangHong, thru their "International Brand" CHiQ.

50inch sells for $600,

58inch sells for $750,

65inch sells for $1000

Prices seems to be drawing attentions away from PRISM+, TOASTY(now seems out of business because of low response?), K5 with "proper" warranty package... which is still not clear on this brand yet.

• Like 1

Great for consumers! 

Fantastic to see how these players will destroy the price gorging of SG consumers by the major brands.

A simple price comparison of a particular model - SG price with prices in Malaysia, HK, China, India, US can really shock people.

Edited by Boxerfan88
  • Haha 1

Many factors have effects on TV prices.

The most common one i encounter when making queries points to the cost of labor and delivery. 

Sellers would say that "Okay, i can make arrangement to cut $50/$100 off from what we agree on, but, on condition that you have to collect and pick up yourself. Should there be any light damages such as dents or cracks, even hairline ones, you can't claim on warranty."

The next common one will be on Warranty package aka Product Insurance, which i always emphasize on.

Product specs can be 90% identical, hence the costs to the sellers, with little differences you can probably pick out. However, warranty package is the real culprit where adds to the final price.

Remember TOASTY 75incher that draw some attention? @ $1400, it's the lowest big screen TV in local market. But it comes with a catch, the TV is only warrantied for a full 1yr against "Manufacturing Defects".

PRISM+ 75incher will set you back for $1700 but comes with 3yrs full warranty coverage. And will probably turn your head away to look at what PHILIPS may offer @ 5inch reduction, made by reputable marque that also comes with full 3yrs warranty. 

In K5's FB recent response, K5 mentioned that they're "working" on adding a 75inch make into their...ehem...bare catalog of product profile. How will it be priced, with 2yrs warranty will stabilize this small size startup or not... will be eventually determined on the price.

China's PRIMA TV had 2 mega sized TV listed in NEA's Energy Efficiency Ticks database which you can find easily. However the listed models are not yet available thru different sales platform like Shopee, Lazada as well as Qoo10 and Carousell, hence the local companies can sleep comfortably for the moment. Once PRIMA starts to put their product on shelves... lets see how PRISM+ reacts first.

• Like 1

For those whom are not so concern on what kind of fine tune features

on Color/Brightness/Contrast/Sharpness qualities on neutral displays, yet packed with TV tuner and very high performance panel that "guarantees" to be of 16hr/7days workhorse grade...

To my surprise, commercial displays are NOW available for public acquisition?

gg_022238b5-2c05-4b99-a901-5093f6490ec7_

So far found 2 sellers selling this Sammy at a "attractive" price,

https://lioncityco.com/collections/hotel-commercial-business-tvs/products/samsung-lh65bethlgkxxs-65-samsung-biz-tv-be65t-h-4-ticks

https://singaporeprojector.com/php2/product/65-samsung-biz-tv-be65t-h-4-ticks/

As well as other makes which they can offer.

I wonder what will the warranty package be like?

https://lioncityco.com/collections/hotel-commercial-business-tvs?tab=products&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc&page=1

https://singaporeprojector.com/php2/product-category/digital-signage-and-interactive-displays/displays-with-built-in-signange/?orderby=price&count=36

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 8:19 AM, domho8 said:

Bro yang this one how much 499 ah song ah 

65inch @ 499?

I believe this year your mid-year bonus very okay!!! I don't mind you buy one give me leh!!!?

On 3/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, YANG said:

Here comes another OEM from China after HARSON

1316663038_Screenshot(86).thumb.png.399682774e1ced5ed1f1f2874c005339.png

no listing of PRIMA's TV in any e-sales platform like Shopee, Lazada and Carousell yet... So, look around, you might find it some where.

The latest and complete list of model offerings into local market

1206100619_(20).thumb.png.4eb7134d8d6e50010bae47a6df71ab5d.png

It seems that the models are in the complete side of the mega-inchers,

but not yet any on the medium average family size from 40~55inchers.

Till today, i still can't find any news regarding the brand launch, or any listings in Lazada or Shoppee or Qoo10...

It's going to be June soon... And most of the mainstream TV brands are in the process of changing new blood, my guess probably these new brands in the market will enter the market in July?

Btw... after a long period of response and feedback to the local OEM K5,

the company shares a little light on the 75incher model coming into the market in July!

Most likely.

Take a look at the local OEM and what they offer...

PRISM+ : Small 32", Medium 43", Large 55"/65", Mega 75"

TOASTY : Small NIL, Medium NIL, Large 65", Mega 75"

K5 : Small NIL, Medium NIL, Large 65", Mega 75"(coming soon in July)

AuraQ : Small NIL, Medium 50", Large 58"/65"

Yeah... it seems the local OEMs are tilting towards the large size segments.

If you go to hypermarts like NTUC or GIANT, there 32inch and below TVs are mostly cash and carry. Unless you chuck along with other purchases, then the delivery fees could be waivable.

One another contributing factor... which is my own observation, could probably be WFH, Work From Home. Where one connects his/her laptop to the large screen TV, which most of the time will be situated in the hall, thru HDMI connection, the large TV turns into a larger monitor for work which can display more work windows. 

Some may not believe on the effectiveness of such setup. However, should you had noticed, while in office, your sitting distance away from the screen is less than 70cm in most setups, and most of the screens are either 22inch or 24inchers in corporate environment. If you had never do display out setting on your workdesk monitors, the default display will be 1920x1080 FHD and no matter how maximum you made your settings thru your OS output management on font or apps size, it'll still look small even if you're sitting in close distance. This is very poor viewing experience to most administrative workers. By connecting to larger screen device, whatever display will be upscaled. By connecting desktop or laptop to bigger screen TV for work, will also help to minimize kids engagement on console gaming whenever they come back from school... Will, the latter will be dependent on how much leisure freedom the parents gave to their children...

Edited by YANG

• 2 weeks later...