Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)

ONLY IF...

AIWA can lower it's price to match what PRISM+ can offer,

no need to give the soundbar for free, together with a strong warranty policy...

123802892_431547684912192_75110599066445

...older generation consumers will certainly support the old brand for good!

After TOASTY and PRISM+

here comes one another local name/OEM that offers 65incher @ a very tempting price!

WhatsAppImage2020-09-15at12.17.58PM_1024

https://www.k5.com.sg/products/65-4k-high-definition-uhd-smart-led-tv

WhatsApp_Image_2020-09-15_at_1.06.47_PM_

https://www.facebook.com/K5-106730164567519/?ref=py_c

@ $900 w/2yrs warranty is tempting to buyers,

especially those who had been eyeing on local SMEs like TOASTY and PRISM+.

However, how the warranty works as an package,

and without further details in their webpage, it's not easy to get clarifications.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, YANG said:

The 2019(##PU@XXXX) Philips biggies review that comes a little too late...

The Basic Smart model 70PU@6774) @ NT$20k(SGD$1K) approx.

The Advance model  which reviewed sometime back

Note that 2020 model# for local market should be 70PUT###5

https://juzshoppe.com/shop/philips-7605-series-4k-uhd-led-smart-tv-with-p5-perfect-picture-engine-178cm-70-inches-copy/

https://juzshoppe.com/shop/philips-8215-series-4k-uhd-led-android-tv-178cm-70inches/

Previously i mentioned that in Taiwan market,

PHILIPS 70inch makes could goes as low as SGD$1k.

Locally, the competition is hot between TOASTY and PRISM+ with their 75inch makes around $1500.

So is there $1000 70inch makes for local buyers?

42c0e8efbdd4d745.jpg

Surprisingly yes! Established China brand as well... just... w/out Warranty i guess.

This 70-inch 2+16G large screen 70D6S goes for $999 at Shopee!

https://shopee.sg/KONKA-Ultra-thin-AI-Smart-TV-4K-Ultra-HD-Network-Flat-Panel-LCD-TV-i.100741812.6257080842

So, 2021 is the year the large screen LCD TV prices crash. Good for consumers. ?

Let's see how many more >= 65" 4K sell for under S$1K.

If only this also happens to the OLED TVs too, then I can upgrade from my Plasma earlier...

Edited by Boxerfan88

Price plays as one of the factor that pushes up the trend of going big.

Previously, 24inch was considered small, 32inch moderate, then 40 and above considers as big and "luxurious", considering the selling price.

Then, couple of years later, since 2017 or around then 32inchers were regarded as small, 24 as mini, 40~50 as medium, 55 and above considers as big.

Personally i consider 2020/19 as the turning point in home visual entertainment, with the price pulled down to under $1k for the "MEGA Sized" 65inchers starting with AOC and other parallel import makes, mostly China makes, not to forget, more folks are locked at home due to the pandemic crisis.

With local OEMs like PRISM+, and TOASTY, and the latest K5 added to the market, price of 65inchers will fall next year, depending of course on what kind of warranty policies that bind with those. I forsee in 2023 or so... 50inchers will be the general "SMALL" then.

2021 and going forward, TV manufacturing technique will be very mature to the Tiongs. Big international names, especially the Japanese will likely to have their entry lvl makes made by China ODMs. Panasonic had been doing so, as their Malaysia plant are now making MID END products like entry lvl OLED TVs. 

20 minutes ago, Boxerfan88 said:

So, 2021 is the year the large screen LCD TV prices crash. Good for consumers. ?

Let's see how many more >= 65" 4K sell for under S$1K.

If only this also happens to the OLED TVs too, then I can upgrade from my Plasma earlier...

OLED is sure to drop, but not to the lvl where we're enjoying now with the under 1k LEDTVs. 55inch makes will likely to reach $1.5k by 2021 year end as more China OLED makers are producing the panels for ODMs.

1 hour ago, YANG said:

OLED is sure to drop, but not to the lvl where we're enjoying now with the under 1k LEDTVs. 55inch makes will likely to reach $1.5k by 2021 year end as more China OLED makers are producing the panels for ODMs.

Yeah, I don't expect OLED to reach LCD/LED/QLED pricing because of the complexity to manufacture OLED and it's associated lower yield. It would be nice to have very good quality 75" OLED go below S$3K. Yup, I know I am dreaming...

$3K++ for a mega sized screen that backed with just 3years of warranty,certainly kinda EX per se。

well。。。at least at the consolation side of thing,you're paying for a better GPU and a premium panel。

4 hours ago, YANG said:

$3K++ for a mega sized screen that backed with just 3years of warranty,certainly kinda EX per se。

well。。。at least at the consolation side of thing,you're paying for a better GPU and a premium panel。

1 year ago, we can't get a 75" 4K Android TV for that price even. But the Sony does have a very good display even though it is only a mid-range model. The colors are so good after calibration. Also, there seems to be more RAM to use with the Android system as some video streaming apps that would stutter and buffer on my other Android TVs have no problem running on the Sony.

It seems like 75inch TV release from PHILIPS is only happening once every 2yrs.

75PUT8265/98 is the latest model being assessed by NEA and achieved 4ticks in energy saving certification.

75PUT8265_79-MI1-global-001?$jpglarge$&w

Not listed yet in SG's website, but thru Google, it is found to be sold in NZ currently.

https://www.philips.co.nz/c-p/75PUT8265_79/8200-series-4k-uhd-led-android-tv-with-ambilight-3-sided

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/7/75put8265_79/75put8265_79_pss_engnz.pdf

It'll be interesting to see how this will be priced 'premiumly' when it hits the market!

6 hours ago, YANG said:

It seems like 75inch TV release from PHILIPS is only happening once every 2yrs.

75PUT8265/98 is the latest model being assessed by NEA and achieved 4ticks in energy saving certification.

75PUT8265_79-MI1-global-001?$jpglarge$&w

Not listed yet in SG's website, but thru Google, it is found to be sold in NZ currently.

https://www.philips.co.nz/c-p/75PUT8265_79/8200-series-4k-uhd-led-android-tv-with-ambilight-3-sided

https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/7/75put8265_79/75put8265_79_pss_engnz.pdf

It'll be interesting to see how this will be priced 'premiumly' when it hits the market!

I have always like Philips Android TVs for their display colors and their proprietary Ambilight system and would have considered it if it was available when I was looking for a 75" TV. Hopefully the newer models have a more robust firmware and software for its Android system than the older 7300 series.

So far i had not seen any reports on Philips TV firmware/software instability... Panasonic is really having buggy issues as their entry lvl sets are now MiC by 3rd party starting with the H series which i believe also shares the 3rd party system while in system bios modified as Panasonic product.

On Deepavali, Panasonic tech came to my place and do a system update on software and i believe, on firmware as well. Amazon's Prime Video app is added to the new update, most importantly, no booting up issues for the past 2wks reaching 3wks in few days time.

However... while bootup issues had cleared, come along, is the disappearance of the live TV in source option screen. Both DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C options will disappear after a week of stable use, that requires me to keep doing factory restore to the system. I don't know such issues happens to the retail sets or not, hopefully no to others as mine is a 1 to 1 exchange set that may have different hardware.

Edited by YANG

19 hours ago, YANG said:

3k is a fantastic deal for 75" TV. 

44 minutes ago, YANG said:

So far i had not seen any reports on Philips TV firmware/software instability... Panasonic is really having buggy issues as their entry lvl sets are now MiC by 3rd party starting with the H series which i believe also shares the 3rd party system while in system bios modified as Panasonic product.

On Deepavali, Panasonic tech came to my place and do a system update on software and i believe, on firmware as well. Amazon's Prime Video app is added to the new update, most importantly, no booting up issues for the past 2wks reaching 3wks in few days time.

However... while bootup issues had cleared, come along, is the disappearance of the live TV in source option screen. Both DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C options will disappear after a week of stable use, that requires me to keep doing factory restore to the system. I don't know such issues happens to the retail sets or not, hopefully no to others as mine is a 1 to 1 exchange set that may have different hardware.

My 65” Panasonic Android TV’s display panel broke down within 6 months. Luckily their service center was quite responsive and came to replace the panel within a week. Similarly the panel of my 65” Sony 7000F also broke down in 6 months but their technician took 3 weeks to come and replace the panel. My lesson from all these is not to buy the entry level models of any brands. 

I guess it depends on the individual companies' warranty policies.

Panasonic gave me a 1 - 1 exchange with a new model(although problematic since end August till today) to replace my panel blackout entry level make 49EX400, from non-smart to Android TV, even though i don't make full use of the Android system except watching YouTube every single day and public live TV.

I hv no experience with Sony yet, and i don't think i'll ever go for a Sony as their price... is not worthy for that high bill.

Philips, and SHARP will be my next targeted buys, PRISM+ as a try.

9 minutes ago, YANG said:

I guess it depends on the individual companies' warranty policies.

Panasonic gave me a 1 - 1 exchange with a new model(although problematic since end August till today) to replace my panel blackout entry level make 49EX400, from non-smart to Android TV, even though i don't make full use of the Android system except watching YouTube every single day and public live TV.

I hv no experience with Sony yet, and i don't think i'll ever go for a Sony as their price... is not worthy for that high bill.

Philips, and SHARP will be my next targeted buys, PRISM+ as a try.

I like Android TVs because it is easy to side load many Android apps onto the TV. Also, it is easy to use VPN to access titles of other countries’ Netflix catalogues, something that is very difficult to do with other smart TVs. 

AudioHouse's HISENSE TV is considerably old...

338f59feab8b4840438dbbff32c4ffeb.jpg

... for their #5A6501UW series of TVs were assessed by NEA in 2018.

i wouldn't suggest to go for any of it, unless the Warranty policy is revised, or price slashed.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:02 PM, francis wu said:

Price now dropped to $800 if ordered from Hitachi official e-store online.

However, the warranty still stuck @ 1yr, with option to purchase additional warranty @ $100 per year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 9:37 AM, YANG said:

Price now dropped to $800 if ordered from Hitachi official e-store online.

However, the warranty still stuck @ 1yr, with option to purchase additional warranty @ $100 per year.

Wa 1yr and option to purchase knn no need buy Hitachi 

• 4 weeks later...