where to buy: UK-US plug adapter

That's right. I needed a few , a few weeks back and went t o SLT : asked for corrected polarity.  All the shop assistants,  I talked to ,  looked at me as if i were from other planet.

But 45 is a bit expensive  ;D

Why not ask ppl to reconfigure ur powercord. After that you can then use any good quality universal plug.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right. I needed a few , a few weeks back and went t o SLT : asked for corrected polarity.  All the shop assistants,  I talked to ,  looked at me as if i were from other planet.

But 45 is a bit expensive  ;D

I bought couple of them 2 months ago from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OC3XKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From the look , the design , I guess it's corrected.

If that's the case - it'll be great. I'll be getting a few of those. From what I've read in the amazon page (including comments) - it doesn't seem to be the case where it correct the polarity. If anyone using this - please let us know.

If that's the case - it'll be great. I'll be getting a few of those. From what I've read in the amazon page (including comments) - it doesn't seem to be the case where it correct the polarity. If anyone using this - please let us know.

The US socket is polarity correct. Viewing at the front with the earth side facing downwards, live side on the right.

The US socket is polarity correct. Viewing at the front with the earth side facing downwards, live side on the right.

Hi brother Vink, For this socket bought through US, do you have to change the 5Amp fuse to 13Amp or 15Amp fuse for use here?

Hi Bro, just to double check, from your below description, looking at the Front view with the Earth pin facing downward, the Live pin should be on the "Left" side, the same view as shown inside Amazon pictures 2 and 3, which is identical to our local BS1363 plug. I guess the Amazon plug is polarity corrected to our local usage.

Hi brother Vink, For this socket bought through US, do you have to change the 5Amp fuse to 13Amp or 15Amp fuse for use here?

I did not change the fuse since it used for a BD player.

For home use, better to follow manufacturer's recommendations. 5A is good enough to connect to one single device. If using it for power strip then it depends on the plug's internal construction whether they are designed for 13A loads. Definitely no 15A fuse.

Hi Bro, just to double check, from your below description, looking at the Front view with the Earth pin facing downward, the Live pin should be on the "Left" side, the same view as shown inside Amazon pictures 2 and 3, which is identical to our local BS1363 plug. I guess the Amazon plug is polarity corrected to our local usage.

Socket with ground facing down live is on the right. Viewing the male plug with ground facing down, left side pin should be live.

I did not change the fuse since it used for a BD player.

For home use, better to follow manufacturer's recommendations. 5A is good enough to connect to one single device. If using it for power strip then it depends on the plug's internal construction whether they are designed for 13A loads. Definitely no 15A fuse.

Noted and thanks.  Actually thought of using it with a US plug powercord to a power distributor.

However, after reading this thread, http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=215770.0, know that it is not advisable.