Your Recent Audiophile Stuff Purchase :)

13 hours ago, ajitmoses said:

Primare NP5 + Pilixr Elite + Gaia 2 - All 3 have been great buys. ROI is Huge! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 7.05.26 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-13 at 1.13.37 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-27 at 11.03.02 AM.jpeg

Gaia is good. It has a huge impact to my speakers’ performance on stands. Have you used it yet? Do share your findings.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New toy in the house , Falcon Gold batch LS3/5a

Lampizator Baltic 3

New Hannl Mera record cleaning machine to celebrate having new US&A President!  😆

Posted Images

8 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

i suppose the pilixr is for the NP5? can share how much was it? and can tell the difference?

Yes. Pilixr is for the NP5 and I am very happy with the purchase. The NP5 by itself is pretty respectable. It easily bests a bluesound node2i as a transport but with the addition of the LPS, I noticed the sound to be smoother and tighter overall. You dont really notice the difference immediately but use it for a day and then switch back to stock and you will feel like the soundstage collapsed. I paid 450 for a traded in model. Reach out to James at Sound Affairs. He is very helpful. At this price it is surely a good deal. 

Edited by ajitmoses
6 hours ago, xllms said:

Gaia is good. It has a huge impact to my speakers’ performance on stands. Have you used it yet? Do share your findings.

I honestly was quite sceptical about the Gaia. But it really changed my opinion on what it can do. I am not sure if everyone will like it because it kinda cleans up the bass and it might give the perception of bass being removed but in reality it is actually tighter and faster bass which helps the midrange and highs to not be muddled from the excess bass. I paid 580 for them and quite frankly this has been a better return on investment than any other "Tweak" that I have tried out. 

Yes. Pilixr is for the NP5 and I am very happy with the purchase. The NP5 by itself is pretty respectable. It easily bests a bluesound node2i as a transport but with the addition of the LPS, I noticed the sound to be smoother and tighter overall. You dont really notice the difference immediately but use it for a day and then switch back to stock and you will feel like the soundstage collapsed. I paid 450 for a traded in model. Reach out to James at Sound Affairs. He is very helpful. At this price it is surely a good deal. 

interesting! 

always wondered, thanks for sharing. will look into it, though maybe not from SA, my streamer only $500. lol.

I honestly was quite sceptical about the Gaia. But it really changed my opinion on what it can do. I am not sure if everyone will like it because it kinda cleans up the bass and it might give the perception of bass being removed but in reality it is actually tighter and faster bass which helps the midrange and highs to not be muddled from the excess bass. I paid 580 for them and quite frankly this has been a better return on investment than any other "Tweak" that I have tried out. 

totally agree with this! was also wondering what the hype was about with iso stuff, but once i have my first set of stands, iso 155, there was no turning back, everything sounded muddied before. so far in my system, i have iso mini for pre, iso puck for power, would have added more if i had the height,  (cdp, dac) my racks are abit tight for space. 

2 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

always wondered, thanks for sharing. will look into it, though maybe not from SA, my streamer only $500.

Look from Jays Audio. They have a very good LPS for 225. Reach out to Alvin.

Jus got the Wharfedale Evo 4C center speaker... It's a bloody huge center speaker!!! See the tissue box that I placed on it to give u a Sense of how huge it is!! (2nd picture)

IMG20210401122201.jpg

IMG20210401122219.jpg

IMG20210401122248.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-02-08-35-59-88.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-02-08-36-18-45.jpg

Edited by CASH
3 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

totally agree with this! was also wondering what the hype was about with iso stuff, but once i have my first set of stands, iso 155, there was no turning back, everything sounded muddied before. so far in my system, i have iso mini for pre, iso puck for power, would have added more if i had the height,  (cdp, dac) my racks are abit tight for space. 

with gaia 2 footer is great everything open up....that's why i brought tons of them used on my 7.1's floodstanders/centre ,my room setup's aperta and desktop's aperta.....but for my gear only one amp using the orea footer the bluray player using nordost kones 

tX4NFtWl.jpg

7ozb5BKl.jpg

35DIFHll.jpg

4OjIgOhl.jpg

Jg3Omywl.jpg

VD5y6iIl.jpg

On 3/31/2021 at 8:18 PM, ajitmoses said:

Indeed, the tiny bookshelf speakers in the living room have better low frequencies clarity. Bass sounded more 3-D and bouncier. Other than the speakers, the gaia is one of the best Hifi investments I have, as I listen to my music more. 

Transformed my "White" Wharfedale Evo 4C Center Speaker into "Walnut" Color by using Walnut Vinyl Sticker... Hehehehe!!!

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-52-30-92.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-52-50-48.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-53-06-51.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-53-26-30.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-54-05-30.jpg

21 minutes ago, CASH said:

Transformed my "White" Wharfedale Evo 4C Center Speaker into "Walnut" Color by using Walnut Vinyl Sticker... Hehehehe!!!

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-52-30-92.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-52-50-48.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-53-06-51.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-53-26-30.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-12-54-05-30.jpg

looks amazing you done that yourself? easily remove if wanna change colour?