Your Recent Audiophile Stuff Purchase :)

Guest larevoj

Guest wusplay

Combination of recent purchased stuff. All items here (except for the stands) are less than 3 mths old.  Still need a streamer and a proper stand. 

uc?export=download&id=1yb4kNU4LynhT3Upzl

Edited by wusplay

2 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

finally came after waiting for 1 mth! thanks to alvin for delivering on new year's day.

50790060518_6d0a2348a4_b.jpg 50790814101_13445acca7_b.jpg

Enjoy....a good buy, not good bye for a dac nowadays....almost every source components go thru it, TV lah, cd player lah, streamer lah....ultimate equalizer of the 21st century....haha

• Like 1

Guest francishuang
4 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

finally came after waiting for 1 mth! thanks to alvin for delivering on new year's day.

50790060518_6d0a2348a4_b.jpg 50790814101_13445acca7_b.jpg

Gongxi gongxi! 

^^^^^^^

thanks! was thinking if i should get ares ii or this, but i figured, they be worth the price considering, the ares ii was already quite solid. after 10hrs burn in already quite decent sounds, can't imagine after the recommended 10 days of burn in.

10 hours ago, ajitmoses said:

What streamer do you use with the Pontus?

a not so fantastic one, the Nord easy streamer/dac combo, but using the spdif out, i figured the pontus reclocking should be able to do what's required, at least for now. 

sidenote; i couldn't fit the cdp AND the dac in the space missed out by a couple of CM. so swapped out the footers with some basic ptfe footers on the cdp, everything barely fits just nice now. i know it's NOT ideal, but now at least i can still use it a a transport, instead of it being out of the system totally. 

also wondering, anyone tried to swap out the denafrips footers?

50794527233_d959cae8a5_b.jpg

50794527178_d9e00943a1_b.jpg

50795398692_bbcb51e467_b.jpg

Guest francishuang
1 hour ago, zephyr11 said:

quick qn, anyone has a decent not too pricey coaxial cable to recommend?

Blackcat silverstar

Dh labs

From sound affairs

On 1/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, francishuang said:

Blackcat silverstar

Dh labs

From sound affairs

thank you for the superb recommendation!

checked with SA but only the digit 75 in stock, then saw one avail (though not current model), got it and it is AMAZING how much difference it is.  ?

50824213711_9867a22785_b.jpg

Edited by zephyr11
  • Like 1

Guest wusplay

I ordered two pair of speakers stands. Both are using spikes, I suppose the design is to couple to floor and transmit away the unwanted vibration energy. 

Isoacoustics seem like a decoupling design to isolation the vibration. 

Is my understanding correct? 

4 hours ago, wusplay said:

I ordered two pair of speakers stands. Both are using spikes, I suppose the design is to couple to floor and transmit away the unwanted vibration energy. 

Isoacoustics seem like a decoupling design to isolation the vibration. 

Is my understanding correct? 

From my understanding spike is to disperse the vibration speaker on top of it but it still reaches the floor then go up again.....but for isoacoustic is it decouple from flooring vibration and the speaker vibration like floor is floor speaker is speaker so allow your speakers to achieve the floating effect....i using aperta for my SP40 as well on the stand as it was a 3rd party stand i can't mount the speaker directly and use those gaia footers 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Amon86

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 9:50 PM, xllms said:

2020 year end purchase: Uptone etherREGEN

2021 year 1st purchase: Sonore opticalRENDU

1. Added a series of cables from SKW:

a) SK-HF2017 silver plated OCC copper speaker cables

b) WG2012 silver plated OCC copper USB cable

c) BG-012 OCC copper USB cable

d) BG-04A OCC copper RCA cables

2. Topping D10s DAC 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

^^^^^^^^^^

please share your findings on the speaker cables. was looking at them too. thanks. 

My original speaker cables are Acoustic Synergy "Black Mamba", which I have been using for some 8 years. Regarding the SKW speaker cables, I started first with the BG-05 OCC copper. Tested the cable for few days and based on my experience, this set of cables have similar sonic characteristics as the "Black Mamba". What it does better than the "Black Mamba" are slightly better accuracy in sonic imagery, tighter and more defined bass. In fact, across the frequencies every note is slightly more defined.  

Being too similar to the "Black Mamba", my conclusion of this cable after about 4-5days in my system is that this is a direct upgrade of the "Black Mamba" and somehow I am still not satisfied. Hence, this set of cables we're returned and swapped for the silver-plated OCC copper HF2017 (slightly more than 3x the price).

The HF2017 is very thick, which have given me quite a challenge to place the 2.5m pair appropriately behind the speakers and cabinet in the tight available space. 

For the system I am using, this set of silver-plated OCC copper cable brings out the strength of the raidho ribbon tweeters. The airiness, fast yet without harshness upper frequencies is really refreshing. There is a better sense of space in the sonic imagery. The whole mid to upper frequencies felt less veiled, more apparent without sounding over powering. More nuances are heard. There is a slight enhancement to the lower frequencies which felt bouncier. One new problem created is due to the close proximity of one of the speakers to the rear and side wall, there is a slight boom now which I have yet to address.

One good thing about SKW speaker cables is that they provide swappable connection points (24k Gold plated banana plugs and Y-post). One can choose whichever suits your context best upon receiving the cables. 

Although I have chosen the silver plated copper OCC HF2017, i do think the BG-05 is a very good set of speaker cables for its price. I will not hesitate recommending this for anyone upgrading from genetic speaker cables.

Hope this helps.

SKW BG-05.jpg

7 minutes ago, xllms said:

The image below is taken from SKW taobao store. Am not sure if this is fully accurate as the model number appears different.

Edited by xllms
Clarification