Your Recent Audiophile Stuff Purchase :)

Guest larevoj

got some of these tiny ones to try with sources;

50708554663_f1bd1e5b21_b.jpg

thought 3 might be enough, but seems like slightly over the weight limit so end up using 4. was using ebony wooden footer which already made quite a bit of difference.

instrument separation improved, everything sounds more tidy.

i think this isoacoustic quite clever, use the color to highlight if it's "overweighted" like the item it is supporting is too heavy, there's a colored band, which shows full when it is not compressed. really like their stuff.

Bought an audiolab 6000cdt to act as a transport since my CD player recently died. Got quite a good price for it

opens up good upgrade paths since I can use different dacs with it. And I don’t believe paying 4 figures for transports in this day and age especially when I don’t have a super big cd collection

dac is currently a node 2i. Decent DAC and nice interface via Blu OS for tidal streaming and plays off the 6000cdt via optical toslink to minijack as well. Best of both worlds until I decide to get a dedicated DAC / pre amp in future

now running in on silent (amp off) with repeat mode. At this money, won’t go wrong

was contemplating between 6000cdt vs Cambridge audio cxc but decided on former in the end

2 minutes ago, ck_ian69 said:

Bought an audiolab 6000cdt to act as a transport since my CD player recently died. Got quite a good price for it

opens up good upgrade paths since I can use different dacs with it. And I don’t believe paying 4 figures for transports in this day and age especially when I don’t have a super big cd collection

dac is currently a node 2i. Decent DAC and nice interface via Blu OS for tidal streaming and plays off the 6000cdt via optical toslink to minijack as well. Best of both worlds until I decide to get a dedicated DAC / pre amp in future

now running in on silent (amp off) with repeat mode. At this money, won’t go wrong

was contemplating between 6000cdt vs Cambridge audio cxc but decided on former in the end

Just a question, why not use the coaxial connection?

I find the 2i optical input a bit "disappointing" with the 3.5mm  socket

6 hours ago, kinger said:

Just a question, why not use the coaxial connection?

I find the 2i optical input a bit "disappointing" with the 3.5mm  socket

It just happened that I didn’t have a coax cable thus used optical. The DAC in the bluesound is really quite respectable when used with a cd transport. Trashes my old (and dead) cd6003

• Like 1

^^^^^^
i think any dac in current days, will outbyte anything from 2/3 yrs or more ago.

i ordered a dac earlier this month, hopefully get it before Xmas, and can enjoy over the holidays, i've been reading up on bnc, coaxial spdif, toslink.

i have 2 source with coaxial (streamer), coaxial and toslink (cdp), but the dac have 1 coaxial, 1 bnc, 2 x toslink & usb.

i should try to use coaxial spdif and bnc first right?

coaxial spdif (out) to bnc (in), is common enough right? 

from what i read, they seem to be "better than" toslink 99 out of 100 times.

Coaxial to BNC isn't as common as you think, although there are some brands that have this as a custom order. LHS in Sim Lim Tower can also fabricate a decent digital cable in any configuration you want. The alternative is to use adapters, e.g. RCA to BNC. 

Toslink quality is also dependent on the quality of the cable used. If you rise about these cheap generic plastic fiber Toslink cables, you can get decent results with glass fiber Toslink. Toslink has bandwith limitations though and is typically limited to 96 kHz sampling rate. 

22 hours ago, BlurRhino said:

Can share how you use in your setup? I use for my CDP and i think the results is mixed.

IMG_4761.thumb.jpg.d24ec8d0851e239c9be9a363da2d0a97.jpg

i use it on my Pre, Power, TT and likely DAC when it comes. 

i'm not sure which ones you using, looks like the same ones i posted (iso-puck), maybe you should try the mini puck?

the iso-puck per pcs is 9kg weight limit, 4 x 9kg = 36kg. might be too much for the cdp, (i checked it's 3.6kg), the mini is 2.75kg per pcs, so if you use 3pcs should be enough. if you need let me know, i can lend you the mini pucks to try. 

Guest wusplay

One of these days, I should get a grills removal tool if any, or use magnets to slowly suck out the tightly fit grills on my Harbeth. Not brave enough to try it now. 

12 hours ago, francishuang said:

Congratulations Boss! 

Thank you.  Couldn't afford a pair during my younger days, ended up with Mission 751, but is always my dream to own a pair of the 15 ohms LS3/5A.  The recent purchase by Joamonte, rekindle my desire to fulfill this dream.?

Edited by fgchong