Tango

Guest Giraffe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durianlover88

Between good sound and correct sounding..........

If this is not explained and preferably shown with AB, the less experienced will tend to choose the wrong camp.

I remembered when DL88 was a newbie, I showed him the "less is more" theory on bass.

When you have quality bass, you will hear less of it, deeper and tighter.

Yes Bro, came a long way man!  :D

The practical way of only using ears to AB, by all means beg, steal, borrow, visit, excuses, etc - to determine which item is good, and increasing exposure to every area possible - are all invaluable experiences that I enjoy doing with you. Otherwise I am no different from any water-fish out there, grappling with wrong decisions and snake oils, etc.

At whichever level one is, there is still further to learn and experience. That's the fun bit of this hobby. The learning attitude is a must, and one does not need to be shy about it!

Actually, IMHO the first thing to learn is to widen one's music taste. When you do that, you will realise how you tune your system for a vocal biased setup and how you tune for an all rounder is a totally different ball game and challenge.  ;)

At whichever level one is, there is still further to learn and experience. That's the fun bit of this hobby. The learning attitude is a must, and one does not need to be shy about it!

Actually, IMHO the first thing to learn is to widen ones music taste. When you do that, you will realise how you tune your system for a vocal biased setup and how you tune for an all rounder is a totally different ball game and challenge.  ;)

Agreed with naimster..:) just part of one's musical journey/or learning curve that at times,we got too involved with audiophile Cd/Lp stuffs..Audiophile  may not equal to Good Music..then when you starts to branch out from there, its really Musicality that you forcuss on,then the tuning of system will definitely be more interesting & fun..then its the versatility of the system setup already..:)  IMHO