Vivid Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

usd retail price is 58k, I assume it's selling more than the US price after conversion but based on the G3 & G4 pricing it's direct conversion which is good. too ex for me still. I thought the Nautilus price remains cos B&W only meant it to be a statement piece not really to sell.

In the US, Vivid main competitor is Magico (which is also a darling of the US press).

You can compare with the Magico line-up US prices at

http://www.overtureavonline.com/shop/magico?_vsrefdom=oav_ppc&gclid=CLHmveXM5boCFWJBQgodwicA3A

I think it is quite competitive at the level of the high-end buyers that they are targeting. Not 6 figures but still achieving world class perfection  ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not estelon?

Nope, Estelon still got long way to go to match the popularity of Magico, Vivid, Wilson Audio and Sonus Faber (last 2 names belong to old school of speaker design which still have an established group of followers) worldwide at that level :)

Check

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/reader-feedback/541-speaker-standings-vivid-audio-magico-focal-audio-physic-tannoy-and-more

;D ;D ;D

i love my vivid G3. There is a great coherent in the flow as the drivers used are of same type. And it is the first time I been using the same speaker for more than 2 years.

It is very capable if you pair with a good amp. I'm always amazed at the quality of its bass.

One thing to note. This product is backed up by good engineering. Giya been around for several years. I hate it when speakers get upgraded by some manufacturers every year and u feel the pain of the lower resale value.  :)

My ten cents worth:

The Vivids are a technical tour de force in speaker design. Base on what I have seen and heard, plus read, the design's ultimate goal is to reduce unnecessary frequency peaking in ANY way possible. Opposing woofers, non parallel internal and external cabinetry, molded chassis plus custom drivers where you can tailor your crossover result in a very inert cabinet with very very low distortion. Being revealing is an understatement.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Just bought the Vivid B1s and paired this with Krell amp and Frey cables (interconnects and speaker cables), and wahhhh...... Amazing pair of speakers, notwithstanding that these are not even the Giya range!!!  I can now truly understand why Vivid is described as neutral, detailed and fast!  Great complement to the existing Harbeths.

Always nice to find small niche companies that take pride in their work and produce great products!

• 1 month later...

Room width is about 3.5m..... Other that a bass boom around 30+ Hz and bass cancellation around 50+ Hz, everything else is fine.... Managed to get the issues under control with the help of bro Joamonte ..

Guest AndrewC

After

Very cute. Better suits your place than the older pair (Usher?), and I bet it sounds infinitely better too ;)

• 2 years later...