Shakti Stones/Lessloss Blackbody/Quantum/RGC-24

Guest durianlover88

Guest durianlover88

Bros, will appreciate any user experience of the above 4 items, esp if you have used or compared two or more of the above items. Why you like or prefer any of them?

There is a 6moons upcoming article on this by Marja and Henk, but it is almost many months now with nothing published yet.

I had just bought and tried a few Shakti Stones with good effect on my DAC, Class D amp, and Behringer active crossover. While my bro Giraffe has loads of Quantum Qx and a few pieces of Acoustic Revive RGC-24. Never had proper chance to do AB due to my system work-in-progress. Price points vary greatly. So looking forward to views from others. Pls kindly contribute. Thanks :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bros, will appreciate any user experience of the above 4 items, esp if you have used or compared two or more of the above items. Why you like or prefer any of them?

There is a 6moons upcoming article on this by Marja and Henk, but it is almost many months now with nothing published yet.

I had just bought and tried a few Shakti Stones with good effect on my DAC, Class D amp, and Behringer active crossover. While my bro Giraffe has loads of Quantum Qx and a few pieces of Acoustic Revive RGC-24. Never had proper chance to do AB due to my system work-in-progress. Price points vary greatly. So looking forward to views from others. Pls kindly contribute. Thanks :)

I've used the shakti stones and the Quantum. Personally, I feel my Quantum pro (This is not the latest QX2 or QX4) gives a more natural sound. The shakti stones took away some musicality from the sound.

I sold my 2 shakti stones after getting the Quantum.

Guest durianlover88

Thanks Bigtree for the sharing.

In my heart, I sort of trying to resist Quantum, not least because they are the most expensive of the lot (1 Quantum QX-4 can buy 10 Shakti Stones), they each will require a power cord too. I also have a space constraint to house them. The RGC-24 is neat and small footprint and pretty effective too (1 RGC almost buying 3 Shakti Stones). Lessloss Blackbody is quite new (I think ratio is 1 is to 4 stones) and I would much love to hear views from its users too  ::)

I was getting a little different results on Sunday morning, when musicality was much enhanced with 2 more Stones added after the first was slotted under the DAC. I got cleaner, less heavy but more textured bass too. This was however without AB-ing with Quantum/Blackbody/RGC-24  ::)

Giraffe - I bought the shakti stones about 5 or 6 years ago from some shop in adelphi. Then bought a 2nd hand Quantum Symphony pro 2 or 3 years back. The first time I met you and I saw the the number of QX4 in your system...my jaws drop.  ;D

DL88 - Not sure what is your setup. But I think 1 QX4 above the CDP + distributor is more than enuff.  ;D. I can pass u my Quantum Sym Pro to try out.

• 8 months later...

Reviving an old thread on RGC-24 started by bro DL88.

Bought a RGC-24 from X-audio last week and installed it onto my YBA 400 pre. It’s effects are quite astonishing in my system considering that I have cleared up some of the bottleneck chain...

Can I check if there is any users have tried connecting the RGC-24 onto the grounding point of the power outlet? and what is the max number of RCG-24 that you have or seen other people placed in your/their system (other than the coconut guy)  ;D

Guest durianlover88

Reviving an old thread on RGC-24 started by bro DL88.

Bought a RGC-24 from X-audio last week and installed it onto my YBA 400 pre. It’s effects are quite astonishing in my system considering that I have cleared up some of the bottleneck chain...

Can I check if there is any users have tried connecting the RGC-24 onto the grounding point of the power outlet? and what is the max number of RCG-24 that you have or seen other people placed in your/their system (other than the coconut guy)  ;D

Bro Bigtree,

I had 10 pcs RGC-24 now, looking to add 5 more.

Prices in SGP is painfully expensive, therefore trying to source from cheaper places.

So far, my average costs of RGC-24 is about $580 (8 new, 2 used).

Bro, think you ate too much durain and the heat is affecting your brain!  Omg, 15 pieces!  You want to be in the Guinness world record book, is it....... ;D

One on the pre is good enough lah.  Don't overkill.  Remembered when I bought a few 2 years ago, I paid only $350 each!!......... :P

Yeah, seemed to cut the highs and some of the atmosphere with some recordings for me. Decided not to use after all.