ATS Acoustic Panel

http://www.atsacoustics.com/page--Acoustic-Panels-FAQs--faq.html

http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--photogallery_ats.html

Come across this website. Seems to be reasonably priced.

Anyone keen? I have not think though the estimated transport costs yet so dont start asking me for one  :P

Update 1: I have emailed them on prices and shipping methods etc. Will update back soon.

Update 2: They do not ship overseas. We can only use a US forwarder like borderlinx if we want to proceed.

Update 3: Updated some dimensions and info.

There are 3 panels per box for 24’’ x 48’’ X 4"

There are 6 panels per box for 24’’ x 24’’ X 4"

Each box weighs between 65 and 70 pounds. All these includes  panels made using a wooden frame with the insulation on the inside and the fabric wrapped around the frame.

Discounts will be 5% if we can get a decent order. Any further discount will be subjected to our orders and negotiation skills ;)

Looks interesting! However i did some research previously on shipping foam to SGP... the shipping cost is a bomb. Highest quoted for shipping a box (cost of foam 150 pounds) of foam from UK is 230 britishpounds !!! US is slightly more reasoneably but shipping usually cost more than the foam.

Anyway i'm in if the shipping is reasoneable  ;)

You can buy the fabric and wrap ecophon....

anyway, can go to avsforums etc and search for DIY panel examples. some people hardcore, buy rockwool and build their own panels using wood frame and fabric wrapping.

i came across this site

http://www.acoustimac.com/index.php/diy-acoustic-materials/acoustic-fabric/diy-ez-wrap-acoustic-fabric-pre-made-wraps.html?SID=007361093b52925a584d1e01af2a18fb

no way i want to buy at that price, but good tip, almost forgot that when wrapping ecophon, its good to get metal corners to keep the edge sharp and stylish:

I currently have 2 cartons of Ecophon Focus for my reno, Master only restocking this week, I might buy a box... if they have 1200mmx600mm Master, that would be quite ideal for panel making.

p.s. when i bought the ecophon, i asked the db rep about other ecophon products, they say they can bring in on an indent basi (might have to pay deposit/pay upfront).

In which case, this one is interesting. Can use as notice board and wall panel.... if db brings in, i'm sure the cost will be much less than DIY ordering with shipping costs plus possible GST (GST on C,I,F).

http://www.db.com.sg/wall/master/image/wallabsC.jpg

They only absorb. If you need something to disperse sound, you're looking at diffusors. But those can be tricky to implement properly in small rooms aka. any hdb room. The problem with these ATS panels is, they don't have an air gap built into the design behind the bass traps, so the low frequency absorption and extension is not very good, that's why they only rate it from "100-500Hz". Thing is, with a lot of SG's rooms, the real trouble is in the <100hz region, and the traps don't address that trouble region.

Because these traps have broadband properties, meaning to say they absorb a wide range of frequencies, it's definitely possible to have too much absorption making the sound dead. This is why it might be better, especially in stereo usage, to have thin plastic membranes inside the bass traps to help reflect some high frequencies back into the room. Note, it's *only* for bass traps. For traps to be used at the first reflection points (side walls + ceiling), then it's a totally different story, because you want to absorb the highs and prevent them from reflecting back to you, obscuring the image.

no way i want to buy at that price, but good tip, almost forgot that when wrapping ecophon, its good to get metal corners to keep the edge sharp and stylish:

Agree that the price is way overpriced. Good thing about ATS is they have the wooden panel that comes with it. The panel will be in good shape all round.

I am still open to all options. But probably we need a contact to DIY the wooden panels for the ecophons. I am not really good at such things  :)

I did a google around but not much info. Can someone help me if I am correct on these points?

1. Ecophon or other acoustic panels are more on absorption. Use sparingly.

2. Ecophon can be painted over, but the preference is to be wrapped with acoustic fabric. Is it possible to laminate it? :)

3. If I get a frame shop to do the frame, I can fill it up with a ecophon tile or any other material (or even leave it hollow). Any idea of the cost? :)

4. To hang off the wall, I notice most people use some form of glue. This is the preferred method? I am thinking of bolting it onto wall for each panel. :P

I did a google around but not much info. Can someone help me if I am correct on these points?

1. Ecophon or other acoustic panels are more on absorption. Use sparingly. Ecophon is  just pure absorption. I find it deadens the sound so did not use it in the end. Still got 2panels in my storeroom.

2. Ecophon can be painted over, but the preference is to be wrapped with acoustic fabric. Is it possible to laminate it? :) I think it's too soft to be laminated over  :).

3. If I get a frame shop to do the frame, I can fill it up with a ecophon tile or any other material (or even leave it hollow). Any idea of the cost? :) Yes, you can. Not sure of the cost, depends on the frame design and material too.

4.To hang off the wall, I notice most people use some form of glue. This is the preferred method? I am thinking of bolting it onto wall for each panel. :P You can use Liquid Nails glue to bond with the wall. If wanna bolt, you gotta use a frame and hang it like a pic. Hope this helps.  :)

Did a simple cost estimate. I suppose if no direct shipping, it is very difficult to keep costs down via forwarder. We'll incur shipping twice from Seller -> Forwarder -> SG

We have to look towards ecophon and look for a decent, and low cost frame maker to mass produce for us.

Anyone have good contacts for this?