What LPs have you just bought?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/10/2021 at 4:23 PM, silencer131624705802 said:

Just in from Amazon US.

Mariah_Carey_Sarah_Bareilles.jpg

Sadly, after shopping at Amazon for 22 years this is the first time I have to return any item for defects.

The Mariah Carey Daydream and Music Box are going back, the vinyl was scuffed and got ticking sound when playing. The vinyl surface was also full of scratches. I think it was bad handling at the factory. Was probably due to the inner sleeve also, the material of that paper is quite bad and clings to the vinyl, so any large dirt particles inside would scratch the surface.

Even the Emotions was bad, it came warped in a bowl shape. Decided to close 1 eye on that one and try to flatten it by prolonged clamping.

In terms of SQ, all the discs have varying SQ. Emotions some songs were pretty flat and muffled, while other songs sounded ok. Same for Daydream. Music Box was slightly better. Of all, the double LP Rainbow was the best. SQ. Sound was clear and detailed with nice deep bass. But compared to the Sara Bareilles, all of them lose badly. (and Sara Bareilles was cheaper than all of these)

I'll probably still re-order, but expect the same bad quality.

12 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

anyone managed to get "Something Else" the BN classic drop recently? all the stores seem to only have "Page One" which dropped together.

While it's announced i don't think its available in retail yet. Even Acoustics Sound web store is still showing pre-order status 

Edit: sorry i eat my words,  i just saw it on Wow Records webstore! 

Edited by BlurRhino
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 7:49 AM, Pazuzu said:

rXcEq1S.jpg

Just received the Japanese songs one today.

Thanks again to Macrotrust for the Chinese songs LP. ? 

Wow - you are the 1000 Limited collectors of both TT vinyl worldwide.  Keep it for personal listening and enjoyment-priceless.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 6:22 PM, macrotrust said:

Wow - you are the 1000 Limited collectors of both TT vinyl worldwide.  Keep it for personal listening and enjoyment-priceless.

Was lucky enough to grab it from Yahoo Japan auctions, quite a few went up on sale recently actually. Thanks again sir. ?

Guest francishuang
19 minutes ago, Chowbotak said:

Big boss, it's a bootleg. Tomorrow I listen ??

No wonder neva seen it before. Haha