What LPs have you just bought?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, zephyr11 said:

slight OT;

so there was a download code for the musicbox album together with the LP, i downloaded and i have to say, it sounds WAY better on digital. ???

could it be because it was recorded in digital?

Yes most likely. Was the download hi-res or just MP3?

Could also be that your digital gear is better than your analog gear?

20 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Yes most likely. Was the download hi-res or just MP3?

Could also be that your digital gear is better than your analog gear?

320k mp3

my digital gear is def NOT better than my analog gear, at least for now, lol.  ?

• Like 1

5RUra9P.jpg

Got these recently, Jay Chou set finally arrived, though some of the vinyls have a bit of minor wear on the corners (did anyone else have this problem?). 

Was also lucky enough to find a promo copy of the Stereo Jimi Hendrix boxset to go with the Mono version so I am very happy now. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

5RUra9P.jpg

Got these recently, Jay Chou set finally arrived, though some of the vinyls have a bit of minor wear on the corners (did anyone else have this problem?). 

Was also lucky enough to find a promo copy of the Stereo Jimi Hendrix boxset to go with the Mono version so I am very happy now. ?

Wow, nice collection of expensive vinyl there!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

5RUra9P.jpg

congrats- finally you pull the trigger to buy the JC 20 周年  LP- the very few owners who own the collections in this forum.

wow you have good taste for sourcing great sounding LP. Enjoy your music.

17 hours ago, macrotrust said:

congrats- finally you pull the trigger to buy the JC 20 周年  LP- the very few owners who own the collections in this forum.

wow you have good taste for sourcing great sounding LP. Enjoy your music.

Perhaps some TT shall be next, thanks to you. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macrotrust said:

f7PdJvM.jpg?2

hAbW0wc.jpg?2

The Maria Carey LP sound quality is not that bad as described. it will depend on your set up, phono & cart. Quite enjoyable.

All good sounding LP.

Set up is important- get your sound foundation right- any format is enjoyable.

Bought the grey one last week, played twice so far.  The sound quality not top-notched but listenable through either of turntables.  I think is well worth the $38/- I paid for.

• Like 1

Fully agreed with you-  Maria Carey ablum is never that bad sound quality

People need to adjust expectation only $38.  Don't compare with Tone Poet & other audiophile label sound quality.

Her vocal is powerful- and her track is good. In fact bought a few more of her LP.

4 hours ago, fgchong said:

Bought the grey one last week, played twice so far.  The sound quality not top-notched but listenable through either of turntables.  I think is well worth the $38/- I paid for.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^

possibly, but did you have a dl card for the MC albums? maybe you should have a listen on digital, i think it sounds quite a bit better in digital, and no i don't have a very good /streamer dac (nord basic stuff). could it be that it was recorded in digital? i remember that time was the start of cds and stuff like that.

i also kindda agree that we need to adjust our expectations (for $38), but i feel if you wanna do it, do it right, if you make a big thing about it being 30th anniversary, come up with all her albums in vinyl, the least they could have done is to do them right. honestly if they charged $50 for a properly done one, i might have gotten a couple more.