What LPs have you just bought?

• Administrator
15 hours ago, macrotrust said:

wxcrmnW.jpg

Limited edition

Just letting you know your posts keep getting marked for moderator approval as you are including the [img] tag. You don't need to do that anymore. Just post the image link directly in here and it will display the image for you :)

• Like 1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGPkGeg.thumb.jpg.22b3fbca14bc8f212fcaeabe77fd3b88.jpg

The King of Chinese Pop- Jay Chou never disappoint his fan- This is my best Chinese Sound Quality LP so far- no click and pop, super quiet & wide dynamic range- better than CD and streaming. Every track is so clear, transparent & detail that you finished the whole ablum.

Bass is so good- Beats all the Chinese LP produced in Taiwan, HK and China. A perfectionist LP in everything with gatefold and picture and lyric.  premium pricing for a reason.

Better get one if it is available in the secondary market- Must hoot item. Worth every single cents.

20 hours ago, macrotrust said:

GGPkGeg.thumb.jpg.22b3fbca14bc8f212fcaeabe77fd3b88.jpg

The King of Chinese Pop- Jay Chou never disappoint his fan- This is my best Chinese Sound Quality LP so far- no click and pop, super quiet & wide dynamic range- better than CD and streaming. Every track is so clear, transparent & detail that you finished the whole ablum.

Bass is so good- Beats all the Chinese LP produced in Taiwan, HK and China. A perfectionist LP in everything with gatefold and picture and lyric.  premium pricing for a reason.

Better get one if it is available in the secondary market- Must hoot item. Worth every single cents.

Nice! This is the box set?

• Like 1

bLje1NW.jpg?2

This is the 20th Anniversary Collection LP- first pressing. Maybe come 25th or 30th Anniv- they will repress again using the same stamper. This is similar to TT LP every 5 or 10 yrs repress again.

This is the box set- LP made by 

By Sterling Sound Using Master tape

Engineer Chris Gehringer makes vinyl master source

Press in Optimal Germany.

Edited by macrotrust
  • Love 1

so i got this, brought back lots of memories from long ago, anyone got this? thought it sounded a little flat and crackly, a bit disappointed, but figured it was all for the money.Mariah-MusicBox_00f28e49-ab6f-422e-8982-

and also this, haven't listened yet though, hope it is better.

No-Doubt-%E2%80%93-Tragic-Kingdom.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

so i got this, brought back lots of memories from long ago, anyone got this? thought it sounded a little flat and crackly, a bit disappointed, but figured it was all for the money.Mariah-MusicBox_00f28e49-ab6f-422e-8982-

I feel that the entire MC30 project (Mariah Carey 30th anniversary) is all just a money grab.

I got the first album, and was disappointed. The sound quality is very average (I think my CD sounded better), and the entire presentation, from the album cover to vinyl is all too ordinary. It does not even hint at being any sort of celebration.

But saying that, I'll probably still get the rest of the albums because Mariah was one of the first singers I started collecting back then in CD format. Used to have all her albums on CD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

I feel that the entire MC30 project (Mariah Carey 30th anniversary) is all just a money grab.

I got the first album, and was disappointed. The sound quality is very average (I think my CD sounded better), and the entire presentation, from the album cover to vinyl is all too ordinary. It does not even hint at being any sort of celebration.

But saying that, I'll probably still get the rest of the albums because Mariah was one of the first singers I started collecting back then in CD format. Used to have all her albums on CD.

good to know i wasn't "imagining" things, i too started with her "dreamlover" single, my first cd, and i had to wait almost a year before i could afford a player. i'm half thinking if i should get some of the other albums in this release, i agree that they aren't very unique or special, so i thought if it's not any better then digital, i might as well just tidal it.

even the gentleman who sold me this mentioned that they aren't properly "finished up" (rough edges), he also said this feels like a money making thing, but he still ended with "hope you enjoy your record", lol...

^^^^^^^^^

about MC30 musicbox, i swear i thought i was overthinking it, but seeing so many bad experience, think i'll give everything else a miss.

i did get these from amazon, price is right so why not, both for less than $50.

91oKwngCikL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71gNeUnpfsL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

@jeromelang how do you like that 80s symphony album, any good?

during the last rsd, i did get a vitamin string quartet one where they covered Lana del rey, that was decent.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, macrotrust said:

bLje1NW.jpg?2

This is the 20th Anniversary Collection LP- first pressing. Maybe come 25th or 30th Anniv- they will repress again using the same stamper. This is similar to TT LP every 5 or 10 yrs repress again.

This is the box set- LP made by 

By Sterling Sound Using Master tape

Engineer Chris Gehringer makes vinyl master source

Press in Optimal Germany.

The posts here got me hyped and made me order a set. lol

Speaking of TT LPs, I am new to collecting, how do the sound quality compare between the subsequent pressings and the first press? Do the first presses sound better or are they only for collectors' purposes?

Do Chinese vinyls have an audiophile company like Mofi or Analogue Productions that do premium, top of the line, analog pressings? I know Stereo Sound is doing TT which I also own (searching for both volume 1 s still :()

• Like 1

Still have stock left-  i thought it is fully sold out worldwide. Happy for you-  it is the best pressing and mastering LP that you can find for Chinese Pop-

Source is important- you may have the very high end system- if your source is crappy- how to enjoy. After 1 track you will stop playing.

There is no Chinese audiophile company not enough material to make it viable biz model.

You want TT volume 1- stereo sound seal copy- PM me. 

Been busy moving house these past 2 weeks, so never buy any vinyl.

But this vinyl which was on back order for months on Amazon suddenly shipped to me, lucky I still have keys to my old house.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, zephyr11 said:

^^^^^^^^^

about MC30 musicbox, i swear i thought i was overthinking it, but seeing so many bad experience, think i'll give everything else a miss.

i did get these from amazon, price is right so why not, both for less than $50.

91oKwngCikL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71gNeUnpfsL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

@jeromelang how do you like that 80s symphony album, any good?

during the last rsd, i did get a vitamin string quartet one where they covered Lana del rey, that was decent.

I love Diana krall

• Like 2