What LPs have you just bought?

4 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

quick qn;

do you all use the milty zerostat? 

or have any suggestions to solve this problem? i think my LPs have quite a bit of static. 

can't seem to have a solution to this. 

?

All my new vinyl goes thru wet vacuum cleaning using a Clearaudio Smart Matrix cleaner. After cleaning, somehow the static is permanently removed. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, macrotrust said:

Go to Analgovault at Esplanand (durian) and hear at burlington square. they give good  discount.

Many people buy the 1 step by MOfi (analog vailt) Charles Mingus. 

Thanks @macrotrust 

Bought 3 LPs from HEAR months ago. Reply was, "Boss don't give discount".

Will check out Analogvault soon

21 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

I use the Zerostat. Best investment yet for my vinyl.

Here in Tasmania it's cold and dry so static builds up very easily. I always use it before playing any LP.

great, i read that it kinda really works, though overpriced. might have a go with them. 

16 hours ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

All my new vinyl goes thru wet vacuum cleaning using a Clearaudio Smart Matrix cleaner. After cleaning, somehow the static is permanently removed. 

i don't think i have space nor money to invest in a proper cleaning machine, would love to though!

9 hours ago, macrotrust said:
NEW UK VINYL SHIPMENT IN /RSD III
From 24 - 26th October . LAST DAY !! HEAR @ #01-18 Burlington Square
1) NEW Vinyl - 10% off…
See More
Image may contain: 4 people

Hear Records
Movie & Music Store

122135661_3709876995724334_1425576335154291394_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=TSAVlU9Uh3IAX9S-H-U&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin4-1.fna&tp=6&oh=897c90052300a7ecd49bd44eaa8b22e3&oe=5FBDA797

Some new arrivals in our jazz crates all prepped and ready for you! Limited quantities so get in quick. 10% off on these tomorrow and Sunday!

i was just at hear records yesterday, picked up more stuff again, lol. but the boss seems to be a nice guy to chat with, if he's not busy, yesterday it seemed quite hectic for him, had to prep a shoot and quite a few customers in store. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zephyr11 said:

great, i read that it kinda really works, though overpriced. might have a go with them. 

I think I bought mine at around US$70 from Elusive Disc website, definitely well worth the price. Other anti-static solutions probably cost a lot more and may not be as effective or as convenient.

The good thing about Zerostat is that it's very easy to use. Just 10 sec to "shoot" your LP and you're done. I can guarantee it is effective because over here, the static is so bad that my phono cart can pick it up when I put the LP near the cart.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, silencer131624705802 said:

I think I bought mine at around US$70 from Elusive Disc website, definitely well worth the price. Other anti-static solutions probably cost a lot more and may not be as effective or as convenient.

The good thing about Zerostat is that it's very easy to use. Just 10 sec to "shoot" your LP and you're done. I can guarantee it is effective because over here, the static is so bad that my phono cart can pick it up when I put the LP near the cart.

After you have done zapping with the Zerostat, is the static removal permanent?  Previously I was using Nagaoka anti static gun,  the static removal is only temporary.  Whenever i put the record back to its original sleeve and take it out again, the static is back.  However, after I cleaned using my record cleaner with the supplied cleaning solution, the static removal is permanent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

After you have done zapping with the Zerostat, is the static removal permanent?  Previously I was using Nagaoka anti static gun,  the static removal is only temporary.  Whenever i put the record back to its original sleeve and take it out again, the static is back.  However, after I cleaned using my record cleaner with the supplied cleaning solution, the static removal is permanent.

Nope, definitely not permanent.

What cleaning solution is that? Maybe I need to try it out. But I doubt anything can permanently remove static here, the amount of static buildup is a LOT! Some LPs will even build up static after I finish listening to it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Nope, definitely not permanent.

What cleaning solution is that? Maybe I need to try it out. But I doubt anything can permanently remove static here, the amount of static buildup is a LOT! Some LPs will even build up static after I finish listening to it.

I am using this.  Not sure whether it is the machine or the solution that is removing the static permanently.

Clearaudio Soln.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

I am using this.  Not sure whether it is the machine or the solution that is removing the static permanently.

Clearaudio Soln.jpg

Thanks! I'll go see if I can get this here.

My RCM is also vacuum type (Keith Monks), so the effect should be similar I guess.

12 minutes ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Thanks! I'll go see if I can get this here.

My RCM is also vacuum type (Keith Monks), so the effect should be similar I guess.

If you cannot get in Aussie, you can order online:

https://www.analogueseduction.net/record-cleaning-fluid-rinse/CA-AC048-100[1].html

In Singapore, where I bought the solution, it is already premixed.

Edited by annapurna
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:16 PM, Marc said:

These arrived today from Chasing the Dragon label. Very, very good mastering and pressing.

dragon.jpg

I know what I am doing the rest of my evening ?

The Chasing the Dragon LP is actually quite good., IMHO.  So is the Vivaldi 4 Seasons, which is direct cut. YMMV.

They also sell CDs, and I use the same Chasing the Dragon CD as reference.  

You can buy direct from them at http://www.chasingthedragon.co.uk/.

Enjoy your music Guys- i am going to be ban soon by the administrator Marc about their policy of restricting guest from browsing without registering. 

Good luck and enjoy your music.

Edited by macrotrust

Guest francishuang
6 hours ago, Chowbotak said:

Good to see more audiophiles venturing into 12" If u love rock and pop but find their sound not up to audiophile standard, 12" can bring u closer. Not all lah but good chance if they are  well recorded. YMMV

Many singles good, can be considered audiophile grade.  Much better than the so call audiophile releases nowadays. Hehe

3 hours ago, francishuang said:

Many singles good, can be considered audiophile grade.  Much better than the so call audiophile releases nowadays. Hehe

9 hours ago, Chowbotak said:

Good to see more audiophiles venturing into 12" If u love rock and pop but find their sound not up to audiophile standard, 12" can bring u closer. Not all lah but good chance if they are  well recorded. YMMV

Yes. Shhhhhh! The hidden audiophile secret.

Most of my singles, especially the 12" singles sound very very good. Very rare to have a lousy one.

3 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Yes. Shhhhhh! The hidden audiophile secret.

Most of my singles, especially the 12" singles sound very very good. Very rare to have a lousy one.

A deeper, even darker secret:

12" singles that are pressed on another country/continent than the one the artist/label is based most often suck a lot....

Edited by jerome_the_lang

Guest francishuang
38 minutes ago, jeromelang said:

A deeper, even darker secret:

12" singles that are pressed on another country/continent than the one the artist/label is based most often suck a lot....

Sssshhhhh.....