What LPs have you just bought?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come so many people are buying the Diana Krall Turn Up the Quiet? Is it a new version?

I have that since launch but haven't really listened to it yet.

10 hours ago, Chowbotak said:

Interesting. Wonder why I have not heard of this CTD until now

Been around for some time, and sold by Elusive Disc so I'm surprised you never heard of it.

I have the Tribute to Ella one. To me SQ so-so only, not as good as Analogue Productions or Tone Poet.

2 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Been around for some time, and sold by Elusive Disc so I'm surprised you never heard of it.

I have the Tribute to Ella one. To me SQ so-so only, not as good as Analogue Productions or Tone Poet.

Thanks for the alert. Have u heard their other titles?

1 minute ago, Chowbotak said:

Thanks for the alert. Have u heard their other titles?

Nope, only the Tribute to Ella one. I was so unimpressed with that one I didn't bother with the rest.

Also it had a very "Made in China" kind of feel. Anyway, Elusive Disc featured it quite heavily at one time in their newsletters. I remember now that's where I saw it.

7 minutes ago, Chowbotak said:

Got this OOP box set at last. I seems to be always late in getting stuff ?

20201022_105856.jpg

Enjoy! This is one of the very best Nat King Cole recordings I have. The sonics will blow your mind!

Listen to Rambling Rose, it sounds like the whole crew is live in your room!

Edited by silencer13

On 10/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, silencer131624705802 said:

How come so many people are buying the Diana Krall Turn Up the Quiet? Is it a new version?

I have that since launch but haven't really listened to it yet.

i try to buy them from stores locally, even so during covid, though i still get some online. this was honestly the first time i saw it on the racks, and as a DK fan, had to get it!

23 hours ago, Marc said:

Please let me know about the quality of the GnR pressing. I have been looking at that one.

if it's the same as the LE press (gold), it's a little flat and was recommended by francis to BLAST IT to enjoy it.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:50 PM, Marc said:

Please let me know about the quality of the GnR pressing. I have been looking at that one.

Just tried the GnR Greatest Hits today.

At first listen, the first track I listened to was totally flat - Paradise City. It sounded like they were playing behind a blanket.

Second track was slightly better - Knockin on Heaven's Door. By the 3rd track Civil War, it sounded pretty ok.

The rest of the tracks also sounded pretty ok. Definitely not as flat as Paradise City, but still missing a lot of dynamics and didn't sound like they had the impact I remember.

I thought maybe I was wrong, so I compared my all-time favourite GnR track- Sweet Child O Mine with some other recordings I have:

spacer.png

And my suspicions were confirmed. This version (Greatest Hits) is definitely the worst of the 3. The other 2 were much more dynamic and had more bass slam. Axel's screaming was also much better defined, especially on the single.

Conclusion - not a great recording, but I guess decent enough if you want to just have a convenient collection of all their hits. Especially the songs from Spaghetti Incident which is so hard to find.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

Thanks so much. That’s what I was worried about. Greatest hits are often remastered as tracks come from all different sources so they try to level or match them. 

I think you saved me some $$$ ?

15 hours ago, macrotrust said:

Lot of discount today at most Vinyl shop In Singapore-  10-15% last day is Sunday.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-24 at 20.09.59.jpeg

1453558693_WhatsAppImage2020-10-24at20_09_54.thumb.jpeg.3f712a318ced61e4d00bfd19b448c30c.jpeg

Hi @macrotrust Please let me know which vinyl shop/s give discount? Getting discount from the many vinyl shops I purchased before and lately is like pulling teeth! 

The only shop that extended discount to me on vinyl purchase is High End Research @ Concorde Shopping Ctr.

25 minutes ago, zephyr11 said:

quick qn;

do you all use the milty zerostat? 

or have any suggestions to solve this problem? i think my LPs have quite a bit of static. 

can't seem to have a solution to this. 

?

I use the Zerostat. Best investment yet for my vinyl.

Here in Tasmania it's cold and dry so static builds up very easily. I always use it before playing any LP.

• Like 1