What LPs have you just bought?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the recent repress, and I already find it quite decent, in fact extremely good immediately after listening to the GnR ones. 

From what I understand nirvana albums were mainly recorded on tape. So the vinyls would be of certain standards I would think. 

Also I recommend the 2 LP version.

• Like 1

Guest francishuang
11 minutes ago, silencer131624705802 said:

Looks like it's time to buy up 200g vinyl.  ?

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 11.02.03 AM.png

Good news for me!  More consistent sra. 

Edited by francishuang

2 minutes ago, zephyr11 said:

not sure if i missed it, but when i check there didn't seem to be any special deals for what i wanted to get. so all the items still in cart, lol..

There were very few vinyls on offer. Very disappointing.

Only 2 that caught my eye - this one and Def Leppard Hysteria at $30+.

5 hours ago, silencer131624705802 said:

There were very few vinyls on offer. Very disappointing.

Only 2 that caught my eye - this one and Def Leppard Hysteria at $30+.

Saw the Def Leppard Hysteria but it was sold out.  Yes the collection very dissapointing. 

40 minutes ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

Saw the Def Leppard Hysteria but it was sold out.  Yes the collection very dissapointing. 

Same here. I put it in my watch list but still undecided because I already have 2 versions of the album.

Then it sold out and decided it for me.

^^^^^

thought i was the only one, i did get a decent copy of bill evans, from the RSD drop, and also the S n M 2 (in marbled orange!), which is quite solid, though i understand it didn't differ much from the S n M 1, so if you have that no point getting the 2nd one.

C-19 hasn’t been kind on the wallet ?

- Nirvana Unplugged , 25th anniversary and Nevermind ( the limited edition silver vinyl) 

- Tone Poet Series : Now he sobs now he sings ( Correa) , Introducing Kenny Burrell ( Burrell) , Money Jungle ( Ellington , Mingus , Roach), Chant ( Byrd) , Nigeria (Green) , Poppin (Mobley), State of the tenor live at the Village Vanguard Vol 1 ( Henderson) 

- Bill Evans at the Montreux Jazz Festival - QPR/Verve 

- The Doors ( Rhino Vinyl/ Elektra)

- the Indestructible and Meet you are the jazz corner of the world ..both Art Blakey ( BN)  

- Birth Of Cool- Miles Davis  ( Capitol superb edition remastered from the original 1948 session tapes) 

- Concert by the sea , Errol Garner ( the ltd edition 180 gram double audiophile vinyl LP pressing in a Tri-fold cover from Friday Music) 

44 minutes ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

Bought another 3 Lps for the price of 2 promotion from Amazon US.

Nice! Very good price too!

Please let me know the SQ for Ella. Thinking of getting that too.

1 hour ago, annapurna1624705732 said:

Wow, the Nat King Cole LPs is interesting.  The one on the left I have on CD.  How is the sound?  Was at HER this afternoon but did not notice these 2LPs.

I bet these are the best versions of the respective titles. Remastered by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman about a decade ago. I have heard Nat on various LPs and CDs and have never heard him sound so real and alive