What LPs have you just bought?

Hmmm ok. I have the Blue Note original release as well as the re-release.

Also have the Classic Records version which is damn fking good.

Dunno if this AP one is better.

Wanted to buy the 45RPM one, but prices are crazy!!!!

Ok, let me try this long weekend.  Hope my TT is resolving enough to hear the difference.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me try this long weekend.  Hope my TT is resolving enough to hear the difference.

I think comparing the Blue Note and AP, should be quite obvious difference.

Hmmm ok. I have the Blue Note original release as well as the re-release.

Also have the Classic Records version which is damn fking good.

Dunno if this AP one is better.

Wanted to buy the 45RPM one, but prices are crazy!!!!

Bro are u referring to the 4 disc Classic Records 4 discs release? Was there a 2 disc release, either by Classic or AP? Dont seem to see any in discogs

Bro are u referring to the 4 disc Classic Records 4 discs release? Was there a 2 disc release, either by Classic or AP? Dont seem to see any in discogs

Yup, the 45RPM is the 4 disc Classic Records one, it's only pressed on 1 side of each disc.

The other 33 1/3 ones (Classic Records and AP) are only 1 disc.

Ya I bot the AP 1 disc. The cheapest Classic 4 disc is selling for USD400 in discogs, excl shipping ;D

Yeah, and that one is used.

The cheapest brand new one is around $750. Regret didn't buy when Elusive Disc launched it.  :/

Guest francishuang

Usually the classic records sound better than AP.

Yeah, and that one is used.

The cheapest brand new one is around $750. Regret didn't buy when Elusive Disc launched it.  :/

All the songs are good (for me). 

The audio quality remastered by Abbey Road is consistently good for Chinese LPs. 

I will give the SQ of this album in a 4/5 rating. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok thanks, tats good enough for me to get it

Usually the classic records sound better than AP.

Agree for this Norah Jones. My more costly AP version sits in storage whilst my Classic/Blue Note is played regularly. Difference is the AP is very quiet and I hear more. But I feel more emotions with the Classic/Blue Note

Guest francishuang

I feel its over darken to make the playback seem more quiet and 3d.

Agree for this Norah Jones. My more costly AP version sits in storage whilst my Classic/Blue Note is played regularly. Difference is the AP is very quiet and I hear more. But I feel more emotions with the Classic/Blue Note

I have the ayako hosokawa too! Excellent recording!

If u like ayako then try to get the yellow vinyl, the SQ will bring u to another level.

If u like ayako then try to get the yellow vinyl, the SQ will bring u to another level.

Don’t poison me further bro!! Haha I can’t be getting multiple copies of the same .. no space! Lol

No doubt, many opinion on SQ expressed here reflect the general impression of many of us. However, I have also come across contrasting views too. ie what someone considered good sounding may not be so for another. This may be due to the individual's system sound or preference or whatever. Hope this help to dilute some of the poison in u ;D

No doubt, many opinion on SQ expressed here reflect the general impression of many of us. However, I have also come across contrasting views too. ie what someone considered good sounding may not be so for another. This may be due to the individual's system sound or preference or whatever. Hope this help to dilute some of the poison in u ;D

Thanks bro... usually I am happy with one or the other.. I have just dabbled into vinyl , so I do have the same album in different format.. now I am contented with some of the repress albums which I have not gotten in original pressings.. will definitely be researching as I go down the slippery slope! ;)

lol bro, after u said this I have been searching high and low on all the online retailers to find this, but can't find a single evidence of it. Can share where did u get from?

If buying to listen, don't compare, don't do A/B. You will be happy with what you have, be it reissue, original UK/USA/JP press, first print promo etc. If buying for bragging rights and for collecting, compare all you want and acquire many versions.