What LPs have you just bought?

In the interest of creating a specific LP/vinyl subforum...

Here goes:

Just got this: Jennifer Warnes - The Hunter

Heard at Raindrop last week..

Want to get next:

Norah Jones - Live from Austin

James Blunt

Also heard this last night!! Where to get!!??

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expensive weekend for me.        

Just tried the GnR Greatest Hits today. At first listen, the first track I listened to was totally flat - Paradise City. It sounded like they were playing behind a blanket. Second track was

Got this OOP box set at last. I seems to be always late in getting stuff 😆

Posted Images

I was actually looking for the CD version

This was running on and on and on in my mind...

(RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

But couldn't find it in Gramaphone last time I was there.

Then today... saw it in Simply Music.

ps can I tempt you some more?

They claim it's still sealed in the box. S$120

3 records, 6 sides.

...original pressing or reissue? for used record, try memory lane. for reissue, try NDV or simply music.

Memory Lane was closed when I popped by earlier. Simply Music and NDV both said they didn't have :P

Roxy said they might have but he needed to search for it.

uurggh :P

Memory Lane was closed when I popped by earlier. Simply Music and NDV both said they didn't have :P

Hi,

U shld try asking Ah Koom of Red Point Audio at Kapo Factory. Think he may have.  :)

...are you going for a used or reissued copy? not too difficult to find in the used market. if you're willing to wait, i'll keep an eye/ear out for you. sometime, it pays to be patience  :)

I am not picky abt vintage :) as long as it is in good condition.

Actualy i find old records sound better,more natural n all round performs better than reissued to me.. if u like Chuck Mangione..

the recording on "Chase The Clouds Away" album is way better than the "Feels So Good"..Am listenin to both albums now.. ;D

Good Recording sometimes mades u want to enjoy certain music that u think u normlly wont enjoy as they may not be as Main stream or popular or easier to accept..but it will certainly raises your music appreciation levels to nxt level.. :)

OMG..just heard the last track on "Chase The Clouds Away Side 2 track "Soft" the vocal is so clear & crisp.. no wonder,Noteon theback cover reads: "This record is recorded "live"in the studio without over-dubs or additional instrumentation."

Btw,his other album, :Children of Sanchez" is great too.

...the prerequisite for me is, it must be reasonably quiet and scratch free (no matter how minor). will let you know if i come across one. first pressing are always in demand because of the sound quality and usually cost more as compared to later reissues.

vinyl collection can be a costly affair.

I am not picky abt vintage :) as long as it is in good condition.

Kaka u shd chip in with your thots in the Audio forum I started abt buying music u like vs well recorded music.

I share the same conviction as you.

:)

Hi D Howser,

Great to find someone who shares the same conviction. ;)  Enjoy & Appreciate the Music that Great Musicians have created as Behind the Music,Musicians have spend countless hours n hours practicing before they reached recording/performance standard.

Hi D Howser,

Great to find someone who shares the same conviction. ;)  Enjoy & Appreciate the Music that Great Musicians have created as Behind the Music,Musicians have spend countless hours n hours practicing before they reached recording/performance standard.

;) except have to discount the odd milli vanilli ;P

Some of my recent acquisitions:

Just completed my collection of Sigur Ros LPs with Takk.

The first three Muse release on heavyweight 2LP vinyl.

Coldplay, Them Crooked Vultures, Nirvana re-releases (colored vinyl), Alice In Chains.

Was trying to see if my old LPs had been cleaned but still a WIP

So while I was getting the Essence Reference Power Distributor...

Also found they had re-released these few albums!!

Listening to Won't Get Fooled Again now!! Awesome!!! ;)

Couldn't wait for the "demo" copy and my SACD order was just cancelled by Amazon, so bo pian gotta get this Philips (Netherlands?) copy