On 12/1/2020 at 5:51 PM, francis wu said:

Hey.....you have not posted for a long long time!  You still have your hifi stuff ?

The hifi is dismantled as the dotter has taken over the room during the daytime whilst I was overseas

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fully agree, your room is just too small.  I suggest you put them in my place so that they can show their full potentials. ;D

Huh...my posting was dated Mar 2013 and I believe it was For Jimmy then .........haha...lol

Hi Mate, Yeah I just came back. Been a while. I'll PM u.

15 hours ago, wizardofoz said:

Jimi!!! You still in sg? Txt me same number or pm me if yr still around 

Hi Mate, Yeah I just came back. Been a while. I'll PM u.

Edited by jimi

Need some advices from the seniors here.

I'm using Denon 6400h connecting the 5 main channels to XPA-5 gen 2.

Just recently, like 2 weeks back, I start to hear loud intermittent static /cracking sound from my front right channel. It started with just the front right channel. 

I have done the following to conclude that it is the XPA-5 that is having problem:

1) replaced the rca cables connecting the AVR to XPA. -> problem persists

2) connect all my speakers using the same speaker cables directly to AVR without going through XPA for a few days. -> No problem 

Last night, I hooked back everything to the XPA and did a calibration. Everything was good for about 1 hour of testing. Then, the loud static noise came back and this time on all front 3 channels. The noise only come when there is signal to the speakers. 

It lasted for around 5 mins then went away. Everything was fine for the next 2 hours of movies.

Anyone experienced that before and/or know what is the cause?

Thank you very much!