Denon AV Owners Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, petetherock said:

image.thumb.png.db91b91961c6adc7ba90614a724bec69.pngReview and shootout in due course.... 

Wah.... congrats bro ... looks so gooood for special edition AVR there.. not everyone own it ... eagerly for your review.

BTW, your room is so humid at 68% RH.

Cheers

Edited by whitesox

2 hours ago, dbchoong said:

Looked through the menus, but can't find how to enable Center Spread on the X3600. Anyone knows?

For my 8500, it is under Audio/Surround Parameters

I updated both my Denon 8500 and 4500.

After the update, the xbox one x connected to 8500 now only provide PCM.  Prior to this, it is always in Atmos, even for non atmos games. Now, only Atmos games or shows works. I do notice  that on the 8500 display, it will shows Atmos for a short while and then multi channel.

The Xbox 1s connecting to 4500 is ok. Everything is shown as atmos.

Any advice?

Edited by wcseow

On 11/12/2020 at 10:37 AM, dbchoong said:

I think all Denon AVR in Singapore (except for the special edition A110) is 1 year warranty.

I think it is > 1 yr since this is a flagship model. I just couldn't recall whether it is 2 or 3 yrs when I bought it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks got a X3700 to consolidate all the HDMI sources in my cave to output to my stereo system (a waste for the avr i know but i thought this is the cleanest workaround). Thought X3700 has a preamp mode but the manual that comes with it doesn't really say how to set it up.. Am i doing the right thing to connect the outputs in zone 2 RCA out because i can't seem to get an input to my int amp for my stereo sys.. TIA

2 hours ago, BlurRhino said:

Hi folks got a X3700 to consolidate all the HDMI sources in my cave to output to my stereo system (a waste for the avr i know but i thought this is the cleanest workaround). Thought X3700 has a preamp mode but the manual that comes with it doesn't really say how to set it up.. Am i doing the right thing to connect the outputs in zone 2 RCA out because i can't seem to get an input to my int amp for my stereo sys.. TIA

Hi.

Should connect to the Front preouts and set Amp assign to preamplifier mode. I think u do not intend to run it as zone 2.

Here is the link to the online manual

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3700H/NA/EN/DRDZSYasydxfyy.php

Hope it help

1 hour ago, wcseow said:

Hi.

Should connect to the Front preouts and set Amp assign to preamplifier mode. I think u do not intend to run it as zone 2.

Here is the link to the online manual

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX3700H/NA/EN/DRDZSYasydxfyy.php

Hope it help

Thanks for the help! manage to at least get outputs now. Next is to solve the lip sync issue. ?

Plugged my X3600H to a 5 channel amp. There's no need for any configuration in the Denon menus. 

Just connected the pre-out at the back of the Denon to the external amp. And also the speaker cables (of course!)

My setup is a 5.2.4. Running fronts (L, C, R) and front Atmos speakers on the external amp.

The back surround and rear top is powered by the Denon X3600H.

Currently using RCA connections. Would using RCA-XLR cables be better?