Denon AV Owners Thread

Nice !

b541c42ad52b39bfb1760d5c693439af.jpg

TOP on the list for SINAD! See where the 3600 sits, not far behind.

Won’t go wrong with AMIR’s measurements

Quote :

Whoever said AVRs are too complicated to ever have good SINAD needs to eat their hat, shorts, or whatever they put forward if shown wrong.

Unquote :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice !

b541c42ad52b39bfb1760d5c693439af.jpg

TOP on the list for SINAD! See where the 3600 sits, not far behind.

Won’t go wrong with AMIR’s measurements

Quote :

Whoever said AVRs are too complicated to ever have good SINAD needs to eat their hat, shorts, or whatever they put forward if shown wrong.

Unquote :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I continue to be amazed by the Denon X8500H. My last Denon setup was X7200WA before I jumped to Anthem MRX-1120. The Anthem is better than my X7200WA back then but due to the lack of Bluetooth, I decided to sell it off. I was quite sceptical at first when I go for the X8500H because I am wondering how much better compared to X7200WA which I had used in the past. I’m glad I was proven wrong...immediately I can hear a very significant difference compared to X7200WA and even sounded as good as my Anthem MRX-1120.

My advice is to quickly grab the X8500H if anyone is selling. One of the members just put up for sale and very fast...already been reserved. I wonder who is that lucky member :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes good stuff Desray ! We can hear the difference .

Given the choice, I would still pick audyssey with this clean good sinad over Dirac live AVR  with poor sinad

We can also see the excellent customer service from Denon and the stability of the firmware etc

Definitely should be in ones shortlist for AVR...

Yes good stuff Desray ! We can hear the difference .

Given the choice, I would still pick audyssey with this clean good sinad over Dirac live AVR  with poor sinad

We can also see the excellent customer service from Denon and the stability of the firmware etc

Definitely should be in ones shortlist for AVR...

Excellent customer service or not - I dare not say at this point. The North America D&M under Sound United may be more “on-the-ball” but for other region, I will reserve my comments for now.

Excellent customer service or not - I dare not say at this point. The North America D&M under Sound United may be more “on-the-ball” but for other region, I will reserve my comments for now.

Lol, quite true...

My advice is to quickly grab the X8500H if anyone is selling. One of the members just put up for sale and very fast...already been reserved. I wonder who is that lucky member :P

Gone with the wind in few hrs or few mins... people here all fast hand fast leg, no chance

I think the Denon’s are cheaper in Singapore, lotsa buyers from Malaysia

Gone with the wind in few hrs or few mins... people here all fast hand fast leg, no chance

I think the Denon’s are cheaper in Singapore, lotsa buyers from Malaysia

Yes, a lot of Malaysians like to buy AV gears from us. They are mostly lurkers (zero post) here. I’ve sold a few of my high end gears to them. They dun need box, accessories etc. Just need to make sure it’s working. And yes, they paid cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is often debated whether amps are the same..

Go over to AVS and they love to say it's all the same, but I'm glad there's proof that paying extra coin for the 8500 is worth it and measurable in this manner that appeals to AVS members.

Now, who's interested in mine ;)

Heh...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone translated the German Denon presentation has said in youtube about the model.

I didn't have the patience to sit through the whole thing, but for those (like me) who are curious to hear the pertinent parts relative to the 110th Anniversary model, here are the two segments I found:

1) Time stamp 59:24--While speaking of the upcoming DTS:X Pro update for the X6700H and X8500H, Roland says ". . . kommt ein weiteres Modell dazu, das haben wir noch nicht vorgestellt, das verrate ich aber jetzt noch nicht" (. . . there's one additional model which we have not yet announced but I am not going to reveal it yet at this point).

2) Time stamp 1:48:14-1:50:34--Upon further questioning from Patrick on the subject, Roland discloses that it will be a 110th anniversary model; that, beyond design elements, it will include a host of sound quality improvements; that he firmly believes it will be ranked above the X8500H in the model hierarchy; and that an announcement will be made by September and perhaps as early as mid- to late August.

The 110th Anniversary model will be announcement on Sept 8.

https://www.denon.jp/ja-jp

https://www.denon.jp/ja-jp/a110/teaser

Will be an exciting flagship model to look out cheers.

The key selling feature will no doubt be support for 8K and the HDMI 2.1 features (eARC, ALLM, VBR etc) that come along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk