Hitachi Plasma 9500 and 9800

Phil any chance you can find out whether Hitachi is luanching this under SGD4K 50" plasma in Singapore anytime soon:

HITACHI INTRODUCES THE WORLD’S FIRST 50-INCH 1080 HDTV FLAT PANEL FOR UNDER $2500

-- Breakthrough 50-Inch HD1080 Technology is Centerpiece of 2007 TV Line-U p --

LAS VEGAS (CES BOOTH 11906), Jan. 8, 2007 – Movie buffs, sports fans and those waiting for a large screen high-definition television set with high-end performance that won’t break a budget will find Hitachi’s new 50-inch plasma HDTV the ideal viewing experience. This February Hitachi is bringing the world’s first 1,080 line 50-inch plasma HDTV for under $2,500 to American consumers.

Hitachi’s new HD1080 50-inch HDTV (model P50H401) incorporates breakthrough technology that is the result of extensive research and development and more than 1,300 patents for flat panel technologies. 2007 will mark Hitachi’s 51st year of television production. By engineering a new method of energizing pixels on a panel, Hitachi has improved picture quality by increasing the resolution to match the dominant 1080 HDTV broadcast format in the vertical domain. The new TV will feature a total of 1.3 million pixels utilizing a 1280x1080 pixel array.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil any chance you can find out whether Hitachi is luanching this under SGD4K 50" plasma in Singapore anytime soon:

HITACHI INTRODUCES THE WORLD’S FIRST 50-INCH 1080 HDTV FLAT PANEL FOR UNDER $2500

-- Breakthrough 50-Inch HD1080 Technology is Centerpiece of 2007 TV Line-U p --

LAS VEGAS (CES BOOTH 11906), Jan. 8, 2007 – Movie buffs, sports fans and those waiting for a large screen high-definition television set with high-end performance that won’t break a budget will find Hitachi’s new 50-inch plasma HDTV the ideal viewing experience. This February Hitachi is bringing the world’s first 1,080 line 50-inch plasma HDTV for under $2,500 to American consumers.

Hitachi’s new HD1080 50-inch HDTV (model P50H401) incorporates breakthrough technology that is the result of extensive research and development and more than 1,300 patents for flat panel technologies. 2007 will mark Hitachi’s 51st year of television production. By engineering a new method of energizing pixels on a panel, Hitachi has improved picture quality by increasing the resolution to match the dominant 1080 HDTV broadcast format in the vertical domain. The new TV will feature a total of 1.3 million pixels utilizing a 1280x1080 pixel array.

Don't think I can share with you even if they disclosed the info.

Phil

My review for the 42PD9800TA is out.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037585,39786042p,00.htm

It beats the Pio 427XG's TV broadcast PQ but lost out in PC text quality. But the former is of course more important in my opinion.

Best of all, Pio RRP is 4499 and this Hitachi is only 3999. Street prices for both should be cheaper.

Phil

Sorry to ask ...do you see any "flicker" effect on the plasma ? As claimed by some user that they can see the flickering effect.

hi phil,

since you're the expert on this brand can i ask your reply on this query.

in your observation, what or how much improvement/difference is there between hitachi 42pd8800 and 42pd9800 in terms of pq that is clearly noticeable?

would you recommend a switch considering the difference (without putting the 1080p connectivity in issue) or is the difference not worth the expense since most features are the same sans the new engine and higher contrast ratio(a very important issue though)?

thanks in advance for the reply :)

Nope.

Phil

Phil, value your opinion very much.

The Pioneer 427 is 1080p/24Hz.  Does it mean that it is very good for watching movies at 24 frames per second unadulterated? Currently the transmission of HD is only 1080i, it seems this TV is good enough for the job.

But the specs of Hitachi 9500/9800 looks impressive. Unfortunately it does not support

1808p/24Hz as you have said.  Does it mean that it will lose out to the 427 as the current source of HD is from Dvds?

For now, it seems that only projectors support 1080p/24Hz/50Hz/60Hz.

Hope your opinion can sway my decision on which TV to get.  Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

since when did you notice that flickering? i noticed the flickering when i went to demo units january this year

first i saw flickering in a 8900 model so i looked for a shop with a 9800 on display because i thought they should have that resolved with the new model :(, but since my eyes are a bit sensitive to 'noise' , i chose a different brand ;)

the reason i ask is maybe it only comes out when the unit is extensively used (like in a showroom) and not when the unit is new out of the box and used in a normal household.

• 2 weeks later...

sunzisky, we have a similar room condition, our bedroom windows are covered by insulation to prevent too much heat and help the room aircon, only little sun comes thru to the room so its fairly dark without lights unless we take one panel of the insulations down. i noticed that flicker is more obvious when lights are out than when on when i had the 7800ta.  When i was looking for a replacement unit last jan, i demo a 42pd8900ta and pd9500ta in a ht store and could notice flickering specially on the 8900.  sitting distance from the panel i guess is what is key in not seeing these artifacts, more than 2.5 meters distance is recommended but not an assurance.