Jump to content

Searching for Album from Marantz NA11s1 Dac by Remote Control


Recommended Posts

If I have 200 of Classical albums stored in my USB Thumbdrive  plugged into my  Marantz DAC, is there a faster way to search Strauss Waltzes apart from using Scrolling Up & Down Arrow on the Marantz Remote Control?

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t your Marantz have a phone app?

 

You may want to try installing the Marantz app (if it exists) to your phone, and allow the phone app to control/navigate your Marantz. 

 

Searching content is normally easier with a phone app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boxerfan88 said:

Doesn’t your Marantz have a phone app?

 

You may want to try installing the Marantz app (if it exists) to your phone, and allow the phone app to control/navigate your Marantz. 

 

Searching content is normally easier with a phone app.

 

I just googled and there is a APP but its for iPhone  :  

 

https://hometheaterreview.com/marantz-na-11s1-network-audio-player-and-dac-reviewed/

The NA-11S1 can be controlled by either the included remote or Marantz’s control application, which can be downloaded at no charge from the Apple store. The remote is a simple device but is heavier and more solid than the typical plastic remote, making it feel more at home with a higher-end device. That said, I usually used the Marantz app running on my iPhone to control the unit.   "

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NA11 user interface is very rudimentary- predates HEOS 

theres no quick way 

you just have to scroll through I’m afraid 

hence my suggestion of using airplay and your PC as a source with the iTunes system

simple to rip simple to operate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, petetherock said:

The NA11 user interface is very rudimentary- predates HEOS 

theres no quick way 

you just have to scroll through I’m afraid 

hence my suggestion of using airplay and your PC as a source with the iTunes system

simple to rip simple to operate 

 

My PC is located in the family room while my HiFi is in my Living room.

 

Maybe I will buy a used but simple iPhone to use as a Remote.

Problem is I will need a contract with a Carrier and for iPhone I wonder if they have Prepaid Card  facility or is iPhone too ATAS ?

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, titactoh said:

 

My PC is located in the family room while my HiFi is in my Living room.

 

Maybe I will buy a used but simple iPhone to use as a Remote.

Problem is I will need a contract with a Carrier and for iPhone I wonder if they have Prepaid Card  facility or is iPhone too ATAS ?

LOL

I am using a prepaid with my iPhone 

But if you're talking about the standard Marantz App, it's just as basic. The NA 11 has a wonderful sound, but it's from a different era, and the app is also from another time..

Airplay can be done from a long way if you have wifi in your home.

The NA11 manual will help you. 

It needs a LAN cable to join your wifi system, but your PC doesn't not need to be physically linked to your NA 11 nor does it need to be in the same room if there is wifi in your home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, titactoh said:

 

My PC is located in the family room while my HiFi is in my Living room.

 

Maybe I will buy a used but simple iPhone to use as a Remote.

Problem is I will need a contract with a Carrier and for iPhone I wonder if they have Prepaid Card  facility or is iPhone too ATAS ?

LOL

 

Don’t buy an iPhone just for this. Better to borrow one, install app, and test it out first. If the app is horrible, then no point buying iPhone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...