USB Thumbdrive. Any difference with Flash Drive for storing song/music?

I am looking for 4 pcs of USB thumbdrive 3.0  to store my songs and music separately.

I need to know if a USB thumbdrive 3.0  is  the same as a USB Flash drive 3.0

If I buy a 2TB usb thumbdrive to store a genre of music/song will it take a long time for my Marantz na11S1  DAC to open it up and play a song/music because data occupy a 20% of storage capacity. I am asking because some branded 2TB

USB thumbdrive cost the same as a 250gb usb thumbdrive.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Usually the cheap ones have very lousy WRITE speed, some as horribly low as 5MB/s, meanwhile the read speed could be a reasonable 50-100MB/s.

Will it work on the Marantz? Probably yes.

I still reckon you should buy the better (more expensive ones) with WRITE speed in the range of 60-80MB/s or better. At least when you copy the music into the thumb drive it’ll be faster.

When shopping for thumb drive, always check the specs for WRITE speed. Meanwhile the read speed is usually same or higher than write speed.

Hope this helps….

Edited by Boxerfan88

Thanks .

On 6/8/2021 at 5:53 AM, Boxerfan88 said:

Usually the cheap ones have very lousy WRITE speed, some as horribly low as 5MB/s, meanwhile the read speed could be a reasonable 50-100MB/s.

Will it work on the Marantz? Probably yes.

I still reckon you should buy the better (more expensive ones) with WRITE speed in the range of 60-80MB/s or better. At least when you copy the music into the thumb drive it’ll be faster.

When shopping for thumb drive, always check the specs for WRITE speed. Meanwhile the read speed is usually same or higher than write speed.

Hope this helps….

Thanks.