Jump to content

THE DEER HUNTER UHD BD [DVD][Region 2]


Recommended Posts

On 5/22/2021 at 3:55 PM, titactoh said:

Given a choice I would prefer to rip dvd/bd and save in Zidoo9 but right now I have less than 150 including 30 bd while rest are dvd. I only rip those which I often rewatch and I also have some classic MIC dvds from quite reliable source like CCTV for serials like 4 kingdoms, Red Chamber, Water Margin and some classic stage plays but I do not know wether they can be ripped.

 

It is for this very reason why you should not spend money buying a premium player.  

 

(Audio)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro. Audio,

 

Very appreciative of your advice. Thank you.

 

Buying the Software license to process and the Zidoo9 are ok with me but the procedure to enhance current Dvds and Blurays will be

extremely challenging for me.

 

May need  a freelancer to do it for a fee. Next question mark is whether my current S790 and BDP450 is up to the mark to project the

enhance video discs to my LgOled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, titactoh said:

UB820 from overseas no need to consider.

 

Write up of UB820 looks good except it is not multi region for dvd/bd.

 

Not cheap though.

The China GIEC brand FHD 2k player now available in PohKim outlets for sale

is a multi-region player that plays numbers of formats with no region blocking.

 

This 4k player selling in MALAYSIA now is also all region free.

bbbd67cfc4c128c8f51265ceab535ac7.jpg

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/giec-bdp-g5300-4k-ultra-hd-bluray-player-3d-bluray-dvd-player-black-i1547366489.html

 

Since PohKim can bring in all region free player for sale to public,

i think they should able to bring in the 4k player as well.

I suggest that you hop by your neighborhood PohKim store

and check with them on the possibility of getting the 4k player from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, titactoh said:

...Next question mark is whether my current S790 and BDP450 is up to the mark to project the

enhance video discs to my LgOled?

Don't know what's your TV size, as well as the distance of your viewing sweetspot away from the TV.

However, just to share a simple mathematics calculation on image pixel size vs presentation quality yields what kind of result...

From 2k FHD to 4k UHD, is a 2x jump, while from DVD to UHD is a rough 4~6x jump.

If you can accept 4k upscale presentation from 2k origin upscale, i don't think you can't take DVD resolution upscale to 4k as lots of "pixelization aura" will happen and follows on moving objects... especially on the characters of the movie should there is many physical action.

 

"Pixelization Aura" could easily be missed, if your sitting distance is far from the recommended viewing distance that had been suggested in different forum discussions or tech videos.

 

You're not alone on DVD collection as my number could probably beat you easily.

Hence, I've to tackle good and acceptable presentation qualities from Anamorphic and Non-Anamorphic, PAL and NTSC discs to be blow up nice and well to complement to my 50inch 4k TV such that i won't be turned off by the poor presentation quality.

 

The most important factor lies on you, as well as others...

how "WELL/GOOD/QUALITY" do you expect to get from old tech software, to new tech gears?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, YANG said:

The China GIEC brand FHD 2k player now available in PohKim outlets for sale

is a multi-region player that plays numbers of formats with no region blocking.

 

This 4k player selling in MALAYSIA now is also all region free.

bbbd67cfc4c128c8f51265ceab535ac7.jpg

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/giec-bdp-g5300-4k-ultra-hd-bluray-player-3d-bluray-dvd-player-black-i1547366489.html

 

Since PohKim can bring in all region free player for sale to public,

i think they should able to bring in the 4k player as well.

I suggest that you hop by your neighborhood PohKim store

and check with them on the possibility of getting the 4k player from them.

Specs look interesting.

Myr1399. equi S$450/ affordable. There is mention there is "no jailbreak version" by KL Seller.

How does "jailbreak" affect me. I play normal dvd/bluray mainly from USA/european countries and China dvds;. Ccan they be played on this device?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, titactoh said:

Bro. Audio,

 

Very appreciative of your advice. Thank you.

 

Buying the Software license to process and the Zidoo9 are ok with me but the procedure to enhance current Dvds and Blurays will be

extremely challenging for me.

 

May need  a freelancer to do it for a fee. Next question mark is whether my current S790 and BDP450 is up to the mark to project the

enhance video discs to my LgOled?


When you rip, you will not be using your players.   You need to put the Blu Ray disc into your computer Blu Ray compatible drive and rip the disc.  Just for you, I have playback your favourite movie on my LG OLED with the Zidoo Z9X in Dolby Vision.

 

These pictures are taken directly from my OLED screen using iPhone and are unedited.  Source is a ripped normal Blu Ray. 
 

(Audio)

9AAA5127-B181-4AA2-890D-ADFEB9904CF9.jpeg

B780F05F-6D16-4E5F-802B-8F625824ECEE.jpeg

Edited by Audio
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YANG said:

Don't know what's your TV size, as well as the distance of your viewing sweetspot away from the TV.

However, just to share a simple mathematics calculation on image pixel size vs presentation quality yields what kind of result...

From 2k FHD to 4k UHD, is a 2x jump, while from DVD to UHD is a rough 4~6x jump.

If you can accept 4k upscale presentation from 2k origin upscale, i don't think you can't take DVD resolution upscale to 4k as lots of "pixelization aura" will happen and follows on moving objects... especially on the characters of the movie should there is many physical action.

 

"Pixelization Aura" could easily be missed, if your sitting distance is far from the recommended viewing distance that had been suggested in different forum discussions or tech videos.

 

You're not alone on DVD collection as my number could probably beat you easily.

Hence, I've to tackle good and acceptable presentation qualities from Anamorphic and Non-Anamorphic, PAL and NTSC discs to be blow up nice and well to complement to my 50inch 4k TV such that i won't be turned off by the poor presentation quality.

 

The most important factor lies on you, as well as others...

how "WELL/GOOD/QUALITY" do you expect to get from old tech software, to new tech gears?

 

Distance from TV surface to my eye position is 10ft 3inches.

 

Using a LgOled55C9pta

 

Not superlative quality but has to be the better than US made DvD or bluray disc quality on a S790. and able to play bluray/dvd from Japan , China or other European countries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Audio said:


When you rip, you will not be using your players.   You need to put the Blu Ray disc into your computer Blu Ray compatible drive and rip the disc.  Just for you, I have playback your favourite movie on my LG OLED with the Zidoo Z9X in Dolby Vision.

 

These pictures are taken directly from my OLED screen using iPhone and are unedited.  Source is a ripped normal Blu Ray. 
 

(Audio)

9AAA5127-B181-4AA2-890D-ADFEB9904CF9.jpeg

B780F05F-6D16-4E5F-802B-8F625824ECEE.jpeg

 

 

Dont know if my Lenovo AIO520,  23.8inch has the Bluray compatible Drive.

 

Did you use the ordinary DVD for ripping above images ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, titactoh said:

 

 

Dont know if my Lenovo AIO520,  23.8inch has the Bluray compatible Drive.

 

Did you use the ordinary DVD for ripping above images ?


You can easily buy a USB Blu Ray drive snd connect to your Lenovo.

 

No, the DVD cannot reach the Blu Ray PQ.  This is the ripped file from the Blu Ray.

 

(Audio)

usbbluraydrive.JPG

Edited by Audio
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it that those external DVD/BD drives had internal firmwares that would lock itself up against other region discs after 3 identical region discs are loaded? I think there's a need for guidance how to neutralize the region coding identification feature of those external drives...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2021 at 7:01 PM, YANG said:

Isn't it that those external DVD/BD drives had internal firmwares that would lock itself up against other region discs after 3 identical region discs are loaded? I think there's a need for guidance how to neutralize the region coding identification feature of those external drives...

 

 

I don't know if these are region locked or not.  I only want to show what kind of Blu Ray drives  Titactoh could consider.  I have use DVDfab and never has it once ask me to change region.   🙂

 

(Audio)  

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...