85" LED Tvs in Singapore

I recently bought the Sony 85X9000H from Harvey Norman. Both HN and Denki carry limited stocks and have to preorder. They want to avoid carrying excess inventory for outgoing models. The discount offered for these large screens are not as much compared to the more popular smaller screen sizes too, possibly because the 2021 85 inch models have yet to be released. Normally the big retailers will match the discount offered by their competitors.

For peace of mind, I'll avoid purchasing online from sellers providing only shop guarantee for big ticket items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avonez said:

I recently bought the Sony 85X9000H from Harvey Norman. Both HN and Denki carry limited stocks and have to preorder. They want to avoid carrying excess inventory for outgoing models. The discount offered for these large screens are not as much compared to the more popular smaller screen sizes too, possibly because the 2021 85 inch models have yet to be released. Normally the big retailers will match the discount offered by their competitors.

For peace of mind, I'll avoid purchasing online from sellers providing only shop guarantee for big ticket items.

thanks mate. after many many many hours of research i think i'll go for the 85" X9000h as well. Even though it has still yet to get some key capability yet, seems like its the bang for the buck!

I was thinking about waiting for the X95J but reckon that may be double the price of whats currently on offer for X9000h

The 85X95J, priced at AUD 5800 will cost  a premium here being the flagship 4K LED. Slight possibility Sony Singapore may not bring that in just as they did not bring in the 85X9500H last year if the pricing is closer to their OLED. Sony new OLED prices are also coming down. Sony also has the lower end 85X85J as an option  although that is not a full array LED. 

Hope Sony can resolve the  blur image issue at 4k/120Hz and VRR/ALLM provisioning for the X9000H although I am not a gamer.

Sony is the only mainstream Japanese brand that makes the maximum mega inch TV @ 85“.

However, if you can take 5inch short diagonally, you could get SHARP... just that It's going to be very costly than what Sony could offer now.

the Koreans? i could have missed out one or two LG model out there, i do notice that there are 82“ makes from both loggerheads priced little more budget friendly than Sony do...

coming soon, Prism+ and another Chinese OEM, Prima, will likely to create some craze with pricing under $3K sector...