Transferring my music CDs to a WD harddrive for playing through my Marantz NA11s1 Dac USB port.

3 hours ago, titactoh said:

I just ripped 2 CDs by Cai Qin under same Title LAO GE

The first one is by Sanyo japan and the tracks run from 1 to 10.

The 2nd Cd is also UFO Gold but by Warner Bros. serial 9031-77926-9 and the track runs from 11 to 20.

Both are arranged by track name but track number of 2nd Cd is just after the 11st CD but is a 2 digit.

Eg 1, 11, 2, 12, 3, 13 etc.

Is there any way for me to separate the 2 CD so that when scrolling to choose a song I will ba able to know which CD it is from.

Thank you.

Will try to look for it.

Tag your First CD Album Name as "LAO GE (Sanyo)"

Tag your second CD Album Name as "LAO GE (UFO)

I took my time to do it all in Chinese characters.

(Audio)

IMG_8706.JPEG

Edited by Audio
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no "fast" way.  You got to do it with discipline and  consistency.   I use dbpoweramp for CD ripping and mp3tag for tagging.  I will advise people to use AIFF format for your rippin

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Audio said:

Tag your First CD Album Name as "LAO GE (Sanyo)"

Tag your second CD Album Name as "LAO GE (UFO)

I took my time to do it all in Chinese characters.

(Audio)

IMG_8706.JPEG

So I go to the Album Column to differentiate the 1st and 2nd CDs by manually tagging under different names and thereafter do I close the page or is there a SAVE button?

titactoh,

You used the program "mp3tag".   Install this program.  You go to your folder of the stored songs.  Right click the selected folder in Win 10 and then you will see "mp3tag" as one of the selection, select that.

It will open a table of all your songs.  Do a "Control-A" to select all songs.   The common values for the album is located on the left side, album title, Artist, Album Artist, data, and most important, the album cover.

You can change the data here but make sure the songs are selected and you must save everything you make a change.   You can individually change the song titles, or artist name for different track....just select and one track and make the change.  make sure you select all songs again and save before you exit.

This program can also hunt for the album titles through the internet and paste the data for you if they find your album.  At the top selection bar, select "Tag Source"....use "freedb" (especially for Chinese album) or MusicBrainz.   This feature can save you lots of work especially you get a SACD album to tag.

(Audio)

Edited by Audio

Everyone,

Take my advice.  Use AIFF instead of FLAC.  For SACD and DSD files, use DSF.  Use WAV for extraction from DVD-Audio and Blu-Ray Audio

Today I am still regretting using ALAC (Apple Lossless, m4a files) and I am still reformatting some of my earlier rips.

(Audio)

Edited by Audio

1 hour ago, Audio said:

Everyone,

Take my advice.  Use AIFF instead of FLAC.  For SACD and DSD files, use DSF.  Use WAV for extraction from DVD-Audio and Blu-Ray Audio

Today I am still regretting using ALAC (Apple Lossless, m4a files) and I am still reformatting some of my earlier rips.

Pg 47 of the user manual for the Marantz NA11S1 lists the supported file types but AIFF isn't one of them...

May I ask why you prefer AIFF over FLAC btw?

3 hours ago, headfiman said:

Pg 47 of the user manual for the Marantz NA11S1 lists the supported file types but AIFF isn't one of them...

May I ask why you prefer AIFF over FLAC btw?

Because I found it sounded consistently better.  That is why I am taking the effort to re-rip the CDs or if that cannot be done, I will use a file convertor to change it.  It takes quite a bit of efforts.    I also leave some of the older files (ALAC or FLAC) as duplicates in my library to remind me why I should continue my efforts to change everything to AIFF or DSF.....advising all I know to move to a better format.   Get it done right the first time so you don't have  redo it again.

Sorry, I didn't know that this Marantz player could not play AIFF...so, the next best format will be WAV.

(Audio)