Godzilla vs Kong

It's more than a year ago since the last time I watched a movie in a cinema. ? The last movie being the excellent "1917"...

So, now that things are reasonably "safe", can go catch a block buster.. seating was spaced out with 2 seats empty on the left and right. And no one in front or behind you.

Godzilla vs Kong - well, what can I say.. hmm - as a pure action/entertainment movie - I would say it's OK. The fight scenes were done very well. The CGI was pretty good. I think when the Blurays come out, there'll be a lot of new favourite demos to use on our home theaters. ? 

As for the story and acting, there's not very much happening. Plot holes here and there. Most of the characters are just "playing their part" with minimal connection/emotion.  ? 

Millie Bobby Brown was a bit too "pretty" for her role. LOL!  Maybe too used to see her as the rough and tough Eleven... 

Overall: 3 out of 5.

Watched in Cathay AMK hall 3. Think a rear right-side speaker has some distortion.. Luckily not too bad to be distracting.. 

On 3/29/2021 at 10:21 AM, dbchoong said:

As for the story and acting, there's not very much happening. Plot holes here and there. Most of the characters are just "playing their part" with minimal connection/emotion.  ? 

Millie Bobby Brown was a bit too "pretty" for her role. LOL!  Maybe too used to see her as the rough and tough Eleven... 

Agreed...with your review. I also didn't think it is that good. I will give 3 out 5 as well.