Need recommendation for integrated Amplifier

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldmund was the traditional partner with SF speakers in the past when both brands were sold by HER. Not sure if the current prices suit your budget, but do give it a shot. 

I did have this combination, and indeed there was synergy. Fast, detailed, dynamic sound from the Goldmund, paired with the tinge of warmth from SF made for pleasant listening over the years I had the this system.

@blue_starfish Goldmund is without a doubt, exceptional. So is the price. 

From HER, I’m looking at Electrocompanient pre power combo.  Passlabs INT 60 if budget allows. 

Also considering Mcintosh MA352. 

Went to checkout Luxman. No ready stock and might arrive in May. Even that is not confirmed. 

Decisions..,

Based on my personal listening, I suggest you skip Electrocompaniet.
I find they don’t have Synergy with your speakers.

I was also considering the Electro when I was shopping for my amp to drive my Tradition. 

Just a note. Amp Power Ratings are not everything. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

@pcking1624705747 thank you for that .. 

i am considering.. Luxman 590 AXII Integrated Amplifier.. was told new stocks will arrived months later... hhhhhmmmmmmm 

The Luxman L-590AXII is very good. It sounds very close to neutral, leaning slightly toward warmth. Although it's a smooth sounding amp, it is also detailed, delicate and nuanced in its delivery.

The other option of a high quality integrated is Pass Labs Int-60 but I'm not sure how it will compare to the Luxman. At this level it is a matter of taste and also how the amp will match to the speakers. If you happen to settle with the LLuxman I'm quite sure you will not be disappointed.

Edited by ryder
correcting bad English

• 3 weeks later...