Need recommendation for integrated Amplifier

Hello fellow gurus. Happy CNY. Reaching out and need your recommendations.  My current setup is below. The genre of music i listen to is pretty wide. Vocal, jazz, instrumental, rock..etc 

Looking for an Integrated Amplifier, good power, dynamics, a good all rounder. Setting aside budget of up to 12k. Some of the amps i round up are Mcintosh 352, Vincent 238, Hegel 590, Jadis i50, Electrocompanient... ??

Looking forward to all the gurus advice... ? 

My current setup.

Speaker : Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition Bookshelf. https://www.sonusfaber.com/en/products/guarneri-tradition/ 

Turntable : Rega P7

Music streamer : Lindemann Musicbook 25 

Edited by Rogerthat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Japan camp, Luxman L-509X integrated amplifier , Accuphase E-480, DENON PMA-A110.

On the UK camp musical fidelity NU-VISTA 600 | INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, Sugden Masterclass ANV-50 integrated amplifier. Have not heard any of them, just know they are out there. Happy hunting.?

On 2/22/2021 at 10:45 PM, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

Hello fellow gurus. Happy CNY. Reaching out and need your recommendations.  My current setup is below. The genre of music i listen to is pretty wide. Vocal, jazz, instrumental, rock..etc 

Looking for an Integrated Amplifier, good power, dynamics, a good all rounder. Setting aside budget of up to 12k. Some of the amps i round up are Mcintosh 352, Vincent 238, Hegel 590, Jadis i50, Electrocompanient... ??

Looking forward to all the gurus advice... ? 

My current setup.

Speaker : Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition Bookshelf. https://www.sonusfaber.com/en/products/guarneri-tradition/ 

Turntable : Rega P7

Music streamer : Lindemann Musicbook 25 

Hegel 590 is strongly recommended. 

for that amount quite a lot to choose from. 

naim? could look at the uniti series now even better with tidal connect.

hegel, like abc mentioned, i tested the rost and was THIS close to getting it.

accuphase and luxman are very solid bets. 

though i'm sure whichever you choose at this price point should be more than decent and futureproof. 

• Like 1

Anyone keen on integrated bi-amp amp? 

• Designed specifically for Bi-Amp dual connection.
  • Simultaneously Class D and Dynamic Class A output.
  • Pure mode for operating solely in Class D or Class A.
  • D.D.S. output for multi-amplifiers setup.
  • Digital coaxial receiving capability at 384khz/ 32bit
  • Continuous gain adjustment for Dynamic Class A.
  • Built-in 32 bit DAC.
  • Power amplifier direct analog input
  • Power amplifier direct amplified analog signal input
  • Pre-filter for Bi-amp domain
  • Full memory recover function
Edited by Jsen

Maybe ..

If consider buying new, Yamaha AS3200 or their 5000 pre/power stack may be value for money.

Due to being manufactured in Malaysia, SG's price for Yamahas are the cheapest globally. 

SGD8k for the AS3200 locally, vs USD8k global pricing. Good resale value too!. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

Hello Bill... 

Sorry i missed that out.

No i do not need cos i have external phono stage. 

Good to have room correction ?

look forward to suggestions...

As @zephyr11 suggests, it is hard o go wrong with something from Accuphase or the Luxman A550.  You will need a bit of grunt for the the Sonus Fabers as they are quite low efficiency.  As much class A as you can manage if a class AB amp (all AB amps have some portion of class A, its just  a matter of how much).

I'm personally not that keen on room correction, particularly digital room correction, as it chops up that nice analog signal from your turntable, screws with the phase relationships and attempts to put it all back together as a coherent whole out the other end.  But different strokes for different folks. ?

A Class A1 single ended 2 x 845 per channel or maybe a well designed Class A2  1 x 845 per channel would do the trick very nicely, but I'm not sure that's quite what you are looking for... ? Line Magnetic or similar springs to mind. Throw a some ER845s in there and you may never look back. ?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill

On 2/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jsen said:

Anyone keen on integrated bi-amp amp? 

• Designed specifically for Bi-Amp dual connection.
  • Simultaneously Class D and Dynamic Class A output.
  • Pure mode for operating solely in Class D or Class A.
  • D.D.S. output for multi-amplifiers setup.
  • Digital coaxial receiving capability at 384khz/ 32bit
  • Continuous gain adjustment for Dynamic Class A.
  • Built-in 32 bit DAC.
  • Power amplifier direct analog input
  • Power amplifier direct amplified analog signal input
  • Pre-filter for Bi-amp domain
  • Full memory recover function

able to share more?

22 hours ago, ks said:

able to share more?

SkyAudio is the agent of this MITw amp, Da&T K422.  Not much info is available though. You can enquire more info from Steve.

K-422 有兩組同軸輸入,兩組光纖輸入,一組類比訊號輸入,一組類比後級直入,還有高清藍芽 BT 輸入!
還有一組類比訊號輸出,一組 DSD 同軸數位輸出可接同系列 Q18 Q23 數位後級!

K-422 技術規格

GAIN:   dBFS=23dBW
Analog Output Level:   Adjust -87dBW ~ 23dBW@ dBFS 23dBW~41dBW
Power Output(PWM-D):   145W @8 ohm 180W @6 ohm 240W @4 ohm
Power Output(DYNAMK A):   145W @8 ohm 195W @6 ohm 260W @4 ohm
Freguency Response:   5 ~ 80khz + 0dB - 3dB @ 192Khz/32bit
S/N Ratio PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    >105dB / 102dB
Dynamic Range PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    >106dB / 110dB
THD+N PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    <-85dB / -101dB
lntremodulation PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    <-83dB / -95dB
Damping factor:PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    80 / 500
Peak Current Output PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    17A / 22A
Peak Votage Output PWM-D / DYNAMIC A:    51V / 52V
Slew Rate(class A Amplifier):   65V / μs
Digital lnput OPTI:  192khz / 32bit Dop64  COAX:   384khz / 32bit Dop128
Analog lnput:   4Vp(max) @20hz ~ 20khz
Direct Analog lnput:   2.5Vp @DC ~ 100khz
Hi Power Analog lnput:   36Vp @20hz ~ 20khz
Dimension(HXDXW):   W:430mm x L:365mm x H:130mm
Weight:   17.5KG

Edited by Jsen

Go with a pure analog amp.

Go with one that doesn't have bi-wire connection. If your speakers are bi-wirelable, use 2 separate runs of speaker cables. Avoid running both sets of cables from terminal a+b.

And avoid running the high/low sections of the spectrum with amps of different circuit topologies! How can you be sure that lower and higher frequency timbre will even blend smoothly?

Avoid getting a amp that doesn't double its power output at 4ohms vs 8ohms. That means that amp have kidney failure. The Yamaha output 100watts @8ohms, but only 150watts @4ohms. Something wrong there. Besides, the mc phono circuit on that unit has its output wired with inverted absolute polarity. We know you have an external phonostage anyway, but why go for an amp with such fuctard design philosophy?

Consider heat issue. Are you adversed to turning on aircon to listen music? Some of the amps recommended here can sound very good but they throw off a lot of heat. ClassD is never the solution though. Is a case of the cure that is worse than the disease. Ultrasonic noise will pollute the whole system.

Room correction is a no no if you intend to enjoy the best of what analogue playback and hi-rez digital can do.

With the long list of possible candidates now withered down to a chosen few, have fun auditioning...

Edited by jerome_the_lang

Hello.. thank you for the comments... 

@jeromelang so you wouldn't recommend McIntosh MA352 Integrated Amplifier ? cos the specs says outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers. 

Which integrated amps do you recommend  ? 

Thank you... 

2 hours ago, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

Hello.. thank you for the comments... 

@jeromelang so you wouldn't recommend McIntosh MA352 Integrated Amplifier ? cos the specs says outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers. 

Which integrated amps do you recommend  ? 

Thank you... 

I went to the centrepoint showroom to accompany a friend there to listen to the 8900, driving the same opera speakers that my friend has, that I helped to set up. Wasn't impressed at all with the amp. Could get better with less money. What's more, during the demo I caught them turning up the bass knob all the way but they told my friend that the setting was flat.

If budget allow, go for pass labs....

@jeromelang i heard the MCINT MA352. The sound was ok but not willing to part my money for that.. i don't know why.. 

Do you mean Passlabs INT 60 ? its pushing the budget ,... cos i reckon its close to 20k . ? its a no go for me.. 

What do you think of Electrocompanient Pre and Power amp ? 

i wanted to audition Luxman... but they were talking and i was ignored.. ?

Edited by Rogerthat

1 hour ago, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

@jeromelang i heard the MCINT MA352. The sound was ok but not willing to part my money for that.. i don't know why.. 

Do you mean Passlabs INT 60 ? its pushing the budget ,... cos i reckon its close to 20k . ? its a no go for me.. 

What do you think of Electrocompanient Pre and Power amp ? 

i wanted to audition Luxman... but they were talking and i was ignored.. ?

Huh? INT 60 is only 9k usd. Anthony (always) sells same numerical value in sgd. Dun quote me, go find out yourself...

P.S. I actually dun like the way the INT 60 looks. The proportions look funny to me. And be warned: you might never get to listen to it at Anthony's. All my pass labs and emm labs gears all I never got to listen properly before I buy. Just bring them boxes home myself in a taxi, or a friend drove me home (luckily not with his wife's truck). Never regretted though....

Can take a look at Musical Fidelity amps. I have a Kw550 integrated and it drives my AAD 7001 bookshelf speakers (86db sensitivity) with ease. I have an old SF Minima FM2 that pairs well with my MF too. 

22 minutes ago, Rogerthat1624707008 said:

@jeromelang  yah the proportions ... the depth... hhhmmm gdness.. it just sticks out.. 

Whats your view of Electrocompanient ? 

Big is not an issue for me. I just think the pass labs INT looks like the starchild's face where got big head but the 2 eyes, the nose the mouth all crowded into the centre...

I have no views on the electrocompanients. I just never want to go back to their shop ever again. 

Buy the pass labs pre and power lah! Their pre and power amps look much nicer ?