I would always recommend holding off - if you can - till the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets get sorted. 

I am waiting for Anthem AVM70 - it will launch with HDMI 2.0 but will get a board upgrade to HDMI 2.1 when the dust has settled. 

The HDMI 2.1 models launched last year had a buggy chipset and very gimped. Denon/Marantz only has one input that is HDMI 2.1 40Gbps compliant and doesn't pass 4K120 from an Xbox Series X

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put to good use all those CMI (Cannot Make It) components into my TV environment. My 2 Channel TV sound system included a rather expensive Raidho C4.1 speakers. In my opinion, I do not eve

ok ok

Why in the world would you want to go "separates" when everyone is going for 13-channel Dolby Atmos?   You are a seasoned Audiophile, you go "separates" you want to get power cords and inter

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Doggie Howser said:

I would always recommend holding off - if you can - till the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets get sorted. 

I am waiting for Anthem AVM70 - it will launch with HDMI 2.0 but will get a board upgrade to HDMI 2.1 when the dust has settled. 

The HDMI 2.1 models launched last year had a buggy chipset and very gimped. Denon/Marantz only has one input that is HDMI 2.1 40Gbps compliant and doesn't pass 4K120 from an Xbox Series X

I'm waiting to get my hands on the Anthem MRX-1140. When your stock coming to Australia?

Edited by Raylim76

@ Audio.

You really got everything wrong.

When I play Onkyo with 5.1 - it is Dead Fish.

No external amps - just the Onkyo with 5.1 (but active Sub).

If I avoid 5.1 material, I can use my First System. I get 2 Channel Steam Crab there.

17 hours ago, Raylim76 said:

I'm waiting to get my hands on the Anthem MRX-1140. When your stock coming to Australia?

Delayed. A lot

AKM Factory Fire probably had a lot to do with it. I was told AVM70 and MRX740 first

14 hours ago, AnsuzSIN said:

@ Audio.

You really got everything wrong.

When I play Onkyo with 5.1 - it is Dead Fish.

No external amps - just the Onkyo with 5.1 (but active Sub).

If I avoid 5.1 material, I can use my First System. I get 2 Channel Steam Crab there.

Never mind whether I got it right or wrong.

As long as in the end, you are happy.

(Audio)

• 2 weeks later...

I have upgraded my EMM to DAC2X V2.

It can decode 5.1 into 2 channel.

If I am not looking forward to multi channel playback with a suitable AV Processor, it means I can stay put.