Please help me to setup my HT.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long before I started this thread, I already had my mind set on Multiple Amps for my new 5.0 HT set.

So, I imported this pair, which is amongst the first 10 in the world.

And James Bond not yet die during that time.

IMG-20210213-small.jpg

Edited by AnsuzSIN
  • Love 1

I also want simple steam crabs.  I was doing 5.1...damn shiok....and but 7.1 is better.  I stuck with 7.1 in HK...got excuse, cannot renovate rented apartment.

Then I got back and do up my room.  Singaporean sold me his Denon X8500H before CNY last year.  So, now, no more excuse, do up all the channels.

Now temporary mounted 7.1.6....and wow!  Last night I played old movie Hunter Killer ....cannot tahan man!

Of course, you can just do 5.1 and eat steam crab.  Nobody will stop you.

(Audio) 

• Haha 1

Onkyo is very old model.

Yamaha CX-A5200 is not coming out of its Factory due to Covid.

The latest from Denon is RCA, izzit?

And Marantz is giving us another new model but it is not here in Singapore, yet.

Zidoo is a merely a Media Player, which provide connectivity for the XLR option - but I will hentak kaki with 2.0.

I already owned a RCA Media Player hooked to my current Onkyo which played Dead Fish 5.1.

I am currently 万事俱备,只欠东风 Multi Channel XLR Processor.

If you want pure 2 ch with XLR , Zidoo UHD2k/3k/ Neo with DAC built in can decode 5.1/7.1  and output to 2 ch .

if you want 5.1/7.1/ Atmos/DTSx their digital output can support it and with support of DV.

Is not just getting a processor you are done .... but your source ( where your crab from , how much water with how much heat for how long , else just crab/Crap lor )

if you want a processor that output 16-24 ch with DAC and XLR ,Arcam new series, AudioControl X7/9 , Datasat RS20, Storm ISP 16/24, NAD M series.

Edited by econav

16 hours ago, AnsuzSIN said:

Onkyo is very old model.

And Marantz is giving us another new model but it is not here in Singapore, yet.

Zidoo is a merely a Media Player, which provide connectivity for the XLR option - but I will hentak kaki with 2.0.

I already owned a RCA Media Player hooked to my current Onkyo which played Dead Fish 5.1.

This is the problem of a high-end Audiophile trying to get into HT.    Want shiok shiok chili crab taste from plain steamed crab.

(Audio)

• Haha 1

@Audio,

I am certain you got it wrong all wrong.

I don't want shiok shiok chili crab taste from plain steamed crab.

I want to watch concerts, most of the time.

I don't watch Thriller, War, Sci-Fi, etc.

I don't want my chair to shake.

I don't want explosions. I don't want jet engines.

I want Espressivo

On 2/16/2021 at 11:40 PM, AnsuzSIN said:

Onkyo is very old model.

How could I get it wrong?   Didn't you said these (See above)?

Onkyo is very old model -  Nothing to do with Espressivo.  You are being fussy.

Yamaha CX-A5200 is not coming out of factory?   Espressivo?  Not what?

Latest From Denon is RCA - All denon is RCA....only Maratz is XLR, you are so fussy.

Marantz got new model not in Singapore....Another excuse not to get latest AV8805 and then complain there is no XLR processor for you.

Zidoo is "merely a Media Player"? I am using Zidoo more than my Oppo 205.  You insist that Zidoo must come with XLR but in HT, you do HDMI you cannot force your weight around to insist that a media player must come with XLR.  Even the upcoming UHF3000 come with stereo XLR only.

Yes, you already got RCA hook up to your RCA media player but you are not happy...we all know that because this is not how HT works.    You said it already; deadfish 5.1

You said you are currently 万事俱备,只欠东风 Multi Channel XLR Processor - Have and available as long as you stop being fussy.  Marantz AV8805 , Lynedorf or Trinnov.

You keep saying you humbly only need steamed crab....but in reality, what you crave for are shiok shiok chilli Alaskan Crabs.

Nope, I am not scolding you.  I just want to let you how fussy you are.  We are just trying to help you.

(Audio) 

• Like 1

I would always recommend holding off - if you can - till the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets get sorted. 

I am waiting for Anthem AVM70 - it will launch with HDMI 2.0 but will get a board upgrade to HDMI 2.1 when the dust has settled. 

The HDMI 2.1 models launched last year had a buggy chipset and very gimped. Denon/Marantz only has one input that is HDMI 2.1 40Gbps compliant and doesn't pass 4K120 from an Xbox Series X

1 hour ago, Doggie Howser said:

I would always recommend holding off - if you can - till the new HDMI 2.1 chipsets get sorted. 

I am waiting for Anthem AVM70 - it will launch with HDMI 2.0 but will get a board upgrade to HDMI 2.1 when the dust has settled. 

The HDMI 2.1 models launched last year had a buggy chipset and very gimped. Denon/Marantz only has one input that is HDMI 2.1 40Gbps compliant and doesn't pass 4K120 from an Xbox Series X

I'm waiting to get my hands on the Anthem MRX-1140. When your stock coming to Australia?

Edited by Raylim76

@ Audio.

You really got everything wrong.

When I play Onkyo with 5.1 - it is Dead Fish.

No external amps - just the Onkyo with 5.1 (but active Sub).

If I avoid 5.1 material, I can use my First System. I get 2 Channel Steam Crab there.

14 hours ago, AnsuzSIN said:

@ Audio.

You really got everything wrong.

When I play Onkyo with 5.1 - it is Dead Fish.

No external amps - just the Onkyo with 5.1 (but active Sub).

If I avoid 5.1 material, I can use my First System. I get 2 Channel Steam Crab there.

Never mind whether I got it right or wrong.

As long as in the end, you are happy.

(Audio)

• 2 weeks later...