I put to good use all those CMI (Cannot Make It) components into my TV environment.

My 2 Channel TV sound system included a rather expensive Raidho C4.1 speakers.

In my opinion, I do not even need a sub woofer to watch Youtube Music (2 Channel).

Then, I touched materials that are 5.1 or higher and my system don't work.

So I bought inexpensive ONKYO TX-NR696 and a sub woofer, together with all those extra speakers to play 5.1

I cannot live with my 5.1.

It's annoying.

I am considering using some external poweramps (which I have many - no need to buy) to add to my good old 2 channel TV.

Any brothers out there willing to let me audition / learn about their Multi Channel HT using multiple external amps?

I am not talking Multiple Stacking Sub woofers.

I wish to setup a HT system to watch concerts in 5.1 or higher format.

Please help to solve my IBP. (Itchy Backside Problem).

I only look and listen, I don't touch.

You can PM me for the privacy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put to good use all those CMI (Cannot Make It) components into my TV environment. My 2 Channel TV sound system included a rather expensive Raidho C4.1 speakers. In my opinion, I do not eve

ok ok

Why in the world would you want to go "separates" when everyone is going for 13-channel Dolby Atmos?   You are a seasoned Audiophile, you go "separates" you want to get power cords and inter

Posted Images

ONKYO TX-NR696 seems like only pre-out for front channels.

izit enuff for you?

can return, or trade in for higher models have pre-out for 5.1.4 channels? 

Edited by jerome_the_lang

or u can come and collect my NAD T758 Version 3 avr... let u play play with it till shiok! It's got Direc Live room correction. n it has Blu OS for u to play n stream MQA or Tidal Master's, or Spotify...can pass through 4K uhd, Dolby vision, hdr. mine is not the "i" version. the "i" version only add's on "Airplay 2"... thats the only difference between the V3 n V3i.

https://www.lenbrook.com.sg/collections/nad-classic-series/products/nad-t-758-v3i

its got preouts too, so u can use all the champion poweramps u have laying at home.. if u dont like it, can always send it back to me then we can go n have some beers at the kopitiam. hehehehe!!!!

The unique thing about Dirac is their ability to synchronise the re-routed bass signals at the subwoofer to their original speaker channels - so that even the tiny (in comparison) ceiling speakers can sound like full range 

Will 2 Channel HT be good enough for me?

Well, I still don't know.

I don't think this will be too difficult for me to find out.

Thanks @Econav for your feedback.

I have a private invite to audition : a HT system which I think is assembled for concerts.

Its going to be a very exciting weekend.

Thanks Bro, for the invite.

7 hours ago, AnsuzSIN said:

Will 2 Channel HT be good enough for me?

Well, I still don't know.

I don't think this will be too difficult for me to find out.......

It's a clear choice between VIRTUAL SURROUND(2ch DSP) and DISCRETE/PHYSICAL** SURROUND(multi-channel separation) and the area you're living in or setting up on.

(**applies to matrix surround on some older movies' presentation where it can often yield 4.0/4.1 effects).

If you live in a apartment or setting up in a room where your sweet spot is very close to the screen, or tight space per se, VIRTUAL SURROUND is highly recommended due to space constrain for DISCRETE/MATRIX MULTI-CHANNEL SURROUND setup.