There is a shop in Peninsula Plaza several storeys up who sells LPs and also provide LP cleaning service at $2/

Used to make use og his cleaning service several years back. Nice gentleman.

Any one knows the shop name and tel number?

Thanks for any info.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went there ths afternoon n had 15 pcs cleaned to my satisfation.   The demo room was playing an lp and the sound was staggering coming from an old and worn down Celestion SL6 powered by soli

$2/-   Just sent 21 pcs this afternoon. Look for Gabriel.

I saw him cleaning it. Very easy and user friendly ( uncomplicated ) It is FUSS free and any novice will find it a breeze to clean.    I have seen others; I think the Vacuum type, which once

I managed to look up Zenn Audio nearer my place which provides cleaning vinyl tecords and I can wait instead of going back the following day to collect.

Maybe bros. here may want to make use of his service.

Zenn (Gabriel) uses a self-made centrifugal force LP cleaning machine. All others use vacuum type. Does not matter which, as long as your records are cleaned to satisfaction. 

Went there ths afternoon n had 15 pcs cleaned to my satisfation.

The demo room was playing an lp and the sound was staggering coming from an old and worn down Celestion SL6 powered by solid state Bryston through  his own designed Zenn tube pre-amp.

It was the sum being greater than the parts that I perceived.

Will visit him again for next batch of Lps when free.

Bros. here should try him for the servce and he carries a wide range of Lps.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:38 AM, zephyr11 said:

can i ask how much is it to clean each piece? he's sort of near my place too. 

$2/-

Just sent 21 pcs this afternoon. Look for Gabriel.

I've heard a lot of records' sound ruined by using the spinner in the wrong way.

Nearly every user i've observed while using it typically spin the record while pressing down the brush over the record surface.

This can have very detrimental effect on the sound afterwards.

I have the spinner myself. I highly recommend the spinner.

But I will never press down the brush over the record while it is being spun at high speed.

But those offering cleaning services with this spinner typically want to get rid of "noise" at any cost.

noise can be gone, but so will be the higher frequency extension due to the extreme amount of static generated from the rubbing action of the brush against the vinyl surfaces.

Buy the spinner and clean the records yourself at home!!!

Apply contact-less cleaning and drying.

20 hours ago, jerome_the_lang said:

I've heard a lot of records' sound ruined by using the spinner in the wrong way.

Nearly every user i've observed while using it typically spin the record while pressing down the brush over the record surface.

This can have very detrimental effect on the sound afterwards.

I have the spinner myself. I highly recommend the spinner.

But I will never press down the brush over the record while it is being spun at high speed.

But those offering cleaning services with this spinner typically want to get rid of "noise" at any cost.

noise can be gone, but so will be the higher frequency extension due to the extreme amount of static generated from the rubbing action of the brush against the vinyl surfaces.

Buy the spinner and clean the records yourself at home!!!

Apply contact-less cleaning and drying.

by The Spinner you mean this?

885689946.jpg

On 1/30/2021 at 11:18 PM, benhu said:

Went there ths afternoon n had 15 pcs cleaned to my satisfation.

The demo room was playing an lp and the sound was staggering coming from an old and worn down Celestion SL6 powered by solid state Bryston through  his own designed Zenn tube pre-amp.

It was the sum being greater than the parts that I perceived.

Will visit him again for next batch of Lps when free.

Bros. here should try him for the servce and he carries a wide range of Lps.

If you buy any records from him, you can get them cleaned before taking them home for free too. You should have a listen to the huge Edgar horns at the demo room too.