Martin Logan Owners and Discussion Thread

I just got myself a pair of Martin Logans. Any owners in this forum? I would like to know if any problems and how is the service support.

Thanks for sharing!

Congratulation  it is a nice pair of speakers. I used to have the Sequel II.

The only set back is after 3 to 5 years the front panel need to be replaced.

At that time the former agent charge $800 for panel replacement. 

If it was stored in a air con environment, it will prolong the live time but eventually it will break down.

Than there are some people who mention to me that, the new technology the panel have been improved.

Sorry to say it does not, cause I have been doing repairs on even the newer models.

This happens to all electro static speaker  period e.g Quads. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moister and dust is the main problem for electrostatic speakers.

Beside keeping it in an aircond room, I switched on the dehumidifier after my listening session.

You will be surprised how much moister it can collect after one night.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if I had hijacked this thread. If inappropriate, please delete.

I had my 1982 pair of Acoustat 2+2 electrostatics set up and working about a month ago, after 12 years in storage (it's a long story). Source is Spotify and it still sings, almost as good as I had remembered. The source then was a Roksan/Syrinx PU2/Accuphase AC3 30+ years ago. Amp now is a Hafler Transnova (300w+300w) and a Robertson Audio 4010 mk2.

Edited by aquarius
Re-phrase and typos.
13 hours ago, aquarius said:

My apologies if I had hijacked this thread. If inappropriate, please delete.

I had my 1982 pair of Acoustat 2+2 electrostatics set up and working about a month ago, after 12 years in storage (it's a long story). Source is Spotify and it still sings, almost as good as I had remembered. The source then was a Roksan/Syrinx PU2/Accuphase AC3 30+ years ago. Amp now is a Hafler Transnova (300w+300w) and a Robertson Audio 4010 mk2.

Everybody complain about moisture problem with electrostatic spks but I yet to meet a acoustat owner with the same problem. I wonder why.

10 hours ago, malsound said:

Everybody complain about moisture problem with electrostatic spks but I yet to meet a acoustat owner with the same problem. I wonder why.

I was told then that these speakers were made in Florida, where it is as humid as here and therefore designed for high humidity places. Looks like it’s true.

Edited by aquarius