don't stress it too much, from my understanding they are quite hardy, as long as you didn't drop or scratch them should be ok. enjoy the music!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my book, the hierachy of contributions to overall sound quality from most to least is : 1. Turntable   2. Tonearm   3. Phono stage    4. cartridge  Others will have a different opinion  

Thanks all for the advice, really appreciate it. Have settled on the Goldnote Pianosa setup as i enjoy working with the folks at Audio Atelier, plus their offer includes the flexibility of an attracti

Yup got both but for the record brushes i not so comfortable to use. To me it seems like no matter how light pressure i apply, it seems to leave streaks behind on the records. End up i got one big mak

Posted Images

On 2/7/2021 at 1:37 AM, BlurRhino said:

Thanks all for the advice, really appreciate it. Have settled on the Goldnote Pianosa setup as i enjoy working with the folks at Audio Atelier, plus their offer includes the flexibility of an attractive trade in deal if i decide to go for the upgrade later. 

I have this in my system for a few days already, so far its awesome and way above my expectations. Pure sound quality alone, think you all are right to say that it's cheaper to get good sound from an analogue setup compare to digital setup. And it has that indescribable charm that can just draw you into the music. Don't think I will just dump my 20+k digital setup for analogue as the convenience is still important to me, but probably going forward will spend more time to understand analogue and stuff. And buy more records of course. 🙂 

IMG_5060.jpg

Congrats! Welcome to the dark side! it's a good looking TT and sure it also sound wonderful from your description.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, zephyr11 said:

don't stress it too much, from my understanding they are quite hardy, as long as you didn't drop or scratch them should be ok. enjoy the music!

On 2/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, luvmusic77 said:

Congrats! Welcome to the dark side! it's a good looking TT and sure it also sound wonderful from your description.

thanks bros! Really enjoying but probably I spend too much on records. Haha.. 

happy lunar new year everyone!

Your journey is not done yet Bro. 

Now you will need a good record cleaning machine (RCM).  With a good RCM, the pops and clicks will be banished.  And if the RCM is equipped with static removal then even better.

Using my RCM, I got cleaner stylus and very little dust on my records.

I will rate RCM as money well spent.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, 683ekipS said:

Now you will need a good record cleaning machine (RCM).  With a good RCM, the pops and clicks will be banished.  And if the RCM is equipped with static removal then even better.

Yup at some point will probably get one.. at this juncture the folks at audio atelier had kindly offered to help me do so if i need any records to be cleaned. 🙂

On 2/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, 683ekipS said:

Any good RCM to recommend? I personally believe ultrasonic do a better cleaning job but heard it would impact the sound!

9 hours ago, stvc said:

Any good RCM to recommend? I personally believe ultrasonic do a better cleaning job but heard it would impact the sound!

Nessie or Hannl

@BlurRhino At the end of the cleaning cycle, there is the static removal cycle. I will have the vinyl spin 3-5 rounds. And it is sufficient to have the lp free of static. 

I hardly need to clean my stylus. Plus my Zerostat Milty has not been used since I got this RCM

On 2/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, 683ekipS said:

@BlurRhino At the end of the cleaning cycle, there is the static removal cycle. I will have the vinyl spin 3-5 rounds. And it is sufficient to have the lp free of static. 

I hardly need to clean my stylus. Plus my Zerostat Milty has not been used since I got this RCM

Thanks for sharing, i was looking at these different RCM options and it all required quite a fair bit of space.. So far seems like only Degritter fits the space i have but will continue to look around. 

Personally went thru the the many different methods and designs of RCM. 

Agree that ultrasonic method is ‘theoretically’ effective.

I even tried a MIC ultrasonic cleaner and although there were improvements to lessen the noise (clicks crackles & pops), I was certain it was not the full solution. 
IMHO a RCM must also have a good vacuum suction, just like a Loricraft. That’s probably the best (only?) way to get the stuff off the grooves. 
And that’s how I ended up with the Clearaudio