Picture Quality of movies in the ATV+ library

It has been a long time since I checked out the movies in my ATV+ library. these are movies that I originally redeemed on iTunes when I bought the physical discs. some of these titles have supposedly been upgraded to 4K HDR. today I watched one such title - A Good Day to Die Hard (2013). I was appalled to see how bad the PQ was - it was more like 480p instead of 4K HDR even though my JVC N7 was telling me that I was indeed getting HDR but the values were low for the HDR metadata anyways - triple digits in the 600 range.

I restarted the ATV 4K but that didn't solve the problem. I sat through the entire movie and the PQ did improve in some places but nothing to suggest 4K HDR that we are all used to.

I then tested another movie which is also supposed to be in 4K HDR: Robin Hood (2010). same issue as well and I decided to shut it down after 5mins.

I then played an Apple Original - Greyhound (2020) - and was pleased to find there's nothing wrong with my setup after all. the PQ was indeed typical 4K HDR and sound was Atmos. 

Have any of you guys had this problem with your ATV+ movie library? are the 4K HDR stuff there the real deal? Meanwhile, I have reached out to Apple Support in the hopes of finding out wtf is going on.

If any of you guys know what's happening here, please share because my misery loves company ?

Streaming medias, be it Ur own physical disc backup, or thru subscription based providers will often hv to be dependent on network connection smoothness. subscription based providers content will likely to be affected on qualities if server streaming or users end connection is weak. in some cases, if there had been some changes to the original content where qualities is questionable... U get crap qualities even if Ur data connections is week.