what are good organising options for bluray collection? My collection outgrowing the space!

Need some advice. My bluray collection will soon exceed the space limit in my storage drawers when my black Friday orders arrive  ?

Currently all my bluray discs are kept in their original bluray casings, which is space consuming but easy to refer to title. 

I cannot buy additional shelves to store them due to space limitations. So it will have stay within my current allocated storage drawers.

What do u all do to organise your bluray collection? I saw some good quality sleeves online at this link but it's seems quite exp? ?

https://mmdesign.com/Movies/Kits/hidef-pro-poly-set.php

All ideas appreciated ?

Edited by kopidilo

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, kopidilo said:

Thanks. Ha i Prefer to keep the discs ? So need to find a way to manage the storing

Rip them into digital copies. Keep your favourite discs in room, pack the rest into store room or external storage hub.

Bottom line, still need to rip... ?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, justDaniel said:

Buy the very thin casing for existing disc and download softcopies movie in the future.

Thanks for this. Was also thinking about using this at first. What's your feel about using the slim case vs the disc sleeves like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793CQJQG/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_Wer-FbTDR0ZDC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have both thin and disc sleeves but whenever I wanted to watch a movie I would pick the disc in hard cover. This is my personal preference, I feel that disc sleeves are for storing cheap disc. I used to store vcd & dvd in disc sleeves

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, justDaniel said:

I have both thin and disc sleeves but whenever I wanted to watch a movie I would pick the disc in hard cover. This is my personal preference, I feel that disc sleeves are for storing cheap disc. I used to store vcd & dvd in disc sleeves

I see. I can relate to what u shared. Ha... I kind of store my more "valuable" discs in hard cover too. Esp the marvel series! 

I have used these (Arkive 5:1) in the past to compact my DVD collection. Allows me to keep 5 in the space of one DVD.  Sadly they do not seem to be available today.  However, you could explore similar ones like these:

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B002JR2V7C/ref=cbw_us_sg_dp_ags?smid=ARPIJN329XQ0D

Alternatively, you can look at these as well if you do not have shelving space to store them:

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B001U61FN4/ref=cbw_us_sg_dp_vc?smid=ACT6OAM3OSC9S

The only challenging thing about sleeves on shelves is it will take a little more effort to identify and locate your choice (as you do not have the case spine for easy reference):classic_huh:. Proper storage and dividers help tremendously.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas tbln. 

I can fully relate to what u said about taking more time to find titles, after inserting most of my bd and dvd collection into sleeves.... It saves a lot of space but the ease of finding titles becoms a hassle. Even after i grouped them... 

Now i'm contemplating hybrid solution:

- Disc sleeves - normal / seldom touched titles 

- Slim casing - fav / valuable titles / good demo titles 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, justDaniel said:

Thanks @justDaniel, @boxerfan, @tbln, for chiming in your thoughts earlier on the "hybrid" solution of using both sleeves/slim cover which shaped my eventual approach. 

I ordered the slim bd cases from amazon and they just arrived. Love it. I could only find this 6mm one but i know there is an even slimmer type in the mkt (cant seem to find it being sold) 

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B07S3XMSYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_byQaGbXXXHJTE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now using:

6mm Slim bd cases - for Fav bd titles and 4k 

BD sleeves - for the rest. 

Much more better now to locate my discs yet save a lot of storage space!

Edited by kopidilo

4 hours ago, kopidilo said:

I ordered the slim bd cases from amazon and they just arrived. Love it. I could only find this 6mm one but i know there is an even slimmer type in the mkt (cant seem to find it being sold) 

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B07S3XMSYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_byQaGbXXXHJTE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now using:

6mm Slim bd cases - for Fav bd titles and 4k 

BD sleeves - for the rest. 

Much more better now to locate my discs yet save a lot of storage space!

I am looking at these too. Does the cover art fit into it as well?

Thanks

2 hours ago, wcseow said:

I am looking at these too. Does the cover art fit into it as well?

Thanks

It's pretty very good quality. But note that need to cut a few mm from the artwork's width for it to fit perfectly. 

Super happy with it. 

3 hours ago, kopidilo said:

It's pretty very good quality. But note that need to cut a few mm from the artwork's width for it to fit perfectly. 

Super happy with it. 

Thanks. I might be going to try it

2 hours ago, kopidilo said:

If u need to sample b4 u buy, I'm happy to pass u one. ? I stay in boon keng area

Thanks, that's mighty nice of you to offer.?

Its ok. I think I will order it straight, still the best way to reduce space.

Thanks again