Repair options for Rythmik Subwoofer

Have a F15 woofer with A370PEQ2 in a DIY enclosure.

Recently discovered that is dead, producing a low level of humming sound, even without any cables connected to it.

Its a 10 year old sub, I suppose the plate amp is kaput.

Anyone local who can fix it?

Or can I buy a replacement plate amp?

Rythmik website says they dont sell plate amp individually anymore.

Edited by simic

@Simic, I just communicated with Brian from Rythmik Audio and he told me that I can either buy a new Amp or an Amp Board for my A370PEQ2. A new Amp cost USD479 n the Amp Board cost USD65. U can contact him via email listed on Rythmik Audio website.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

owned a rythmik e15 sub bought in mid 2012 . Just now when i switched off my subwoofer main power after watching movie, i heard a extremely loud pop sound.  So  when i tried to switch on again,  the loud pop sound could be heard again, and this time , there is no power on the sub ( no green power on light up) at the rear of the sub. Every switching on will give a very loud pop sound and no  free power light.  May i know what has happened to the sub, any chances of repairing and the cost ?

10 hours ago, chamay said:

Hi, 

owned a rythmik e15 sub bought in mid 2012 . Just now when i switched off my subwoofer main power after watching movie, i heard a extremely loud pop sound.  So  when i tried to switch on again,  the loud pop sound could be heard again, and this time , there is no power on the sub ( no green power on light up) at the rear of the sub. Every switching on will give a very loud pop sound and no  free power light.  May i know what has happened to the sub, any chances of repairing and the cost ?

contact brian at rythmik. 

• 2 weeks later...

12 hours ago, chamay said:

thru and sub have no power . Able to repair it? 

As you say , when your sub have no power and it give a pop sound ? how the sub can give out sound when there is no power ?

Anyway , if your is E15 PEQ3

the switch have 3 position,

1) toward left ON

2) center AUTO

3) Right OFF

Sometimes pooping sound as and when can cause by the input RCA cable contact to the RCA socket loose , clean it and ensure well connected and abit tight to the socket to avoid loose contact .

you can test the sub in this way to see the pop is due to input contact or the internet amp issue.

1) without any input cable connected to the sub .

2) set the sub to ON position 

3) power up the main to the sub

4) if you hear a very loud pop sound when power on the sub then it may hv leakage on the amp section.

5) if power up hv just a very click sound then connect up the RCA ( ensure both ends of RCA are clean and tight to insert to the RCA socket)

6) Set the vol on the sub to min and power up and play movie/ music as per normal for few hrs to see still hv pop ?

7) if no more pop then very likely is your RCA contact loose that cause that pop .

but if still have pop as and when then is time to send in for repair .

Edited by econav

56 minutes ago, econav said:

As you say , when your sub have no power and it give a pop sound ? how the sub can give out sound when there is no power ?

Anyway , if your is E15 PEQ3

the switch have 3 position,

1) toward left ON

2) center AUTO

3) Right OFF

Sometimes pooping sound as and when can cause by the input RCA cable contact to the RCA socket loose , clean it and ensure well connected and abit tight to the socket to avoid loose contact .

you can test the sub in this way to see the pop is due to input contact or the internet amp issue.

1) without any input cable connected to the sub .

2) set the sub to ON position 

3) power up the main to the sub

4) if you hear a very loud pop sound when power on the sub then it may hv leakage on the amp section.

5) if power up hv just a very click sound then connect up the RCA ( ensure both ends of RCA are clean and tight to insert to the RCA socket)

6) Set the vol on the sub to min and power up and play movie/ music as per normal for few hrs to see still hv pop ?

7) if no more pop then very likely is your RCA contact loose that cause that pop .

but if still have pop as and when then is time to send in for repair .

Hi. I have done thru your advised and power on without RCA cable connection.. And have the issue number 4 you mentioned. I believe I have to repair it 

21 minutes ago, chamay said:

Hi. I have done thru your advised and power on without RCA cable connection.. And have the issue number 4 you mentioned. I believe I have to repair it 

Noted, will arrange off line .

• 5 weeks later...

Ordered the amp module from Brian and made the replacement myself.

Disconnect the amp module from the speaker and some ribbon connectors to the servo board and the preamp board.

Unscrew the 4x screw and also the 2x riser pins that is binding 2x small transistor to the heat sink.

Have to cut 6x cables coming from transformer and re-solder then to the replacement amp board. 

Reapply the included heatsink paste, making sure to put back the 4 small transparent and thin acrylic plastic pieces. They are supposed to be in between the transistor and backing heat sink. This is to prevent shorting.

Edited by simic

• 2 years later...

Old thread but if anyone is looking at replacing the power amp module on  their A370PEQ3 amp I have an unused one spare, complete with thermal paste.

Can confirm simic's instructions above, although preferable to desolder the cables rather than cutting. Also make sure the brass standoffs don't touch and short the servo board.

20230215_115011.jpg

20230215_115112.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...