Looking for places to get 4.4mm jack (male) to 1/4" (6.35mm, female) adaptor

Hi,

I recently changed my DAP to Fiio. I am using Sennheiser hd800 which has a 1/4" jack. But the biggest jack accept by the Fiio DAP is 4.4mm.

So I have to look for a 4.4mm jack (male) to 1/4" jack (female) adaptor. I hope to get the type with a short flexible cable. I try to look for it online but seem that it is not common. Is there somewhere I can get it in Singapore, or get it online?

Thanks.

You can't use a non balanced headphone cable and plug with the 4.4mm (pentacon) and 2.5mm balanced outputs... use a 3.5mm to 6.25mm (1/4") cable

doing so with a non balanced cable and plug will blow the Fiio balanced amps so heed my warning or you risk damage.

or but a pentacon 4.4mm cable to HS800 connection. These are available at places like E1 maybe or stereo or music sanctuary or other online shops

Edited by wizardofoz

Okay thanks. So only option for me as you said is from 3.5mm male to 1/4" female. Even this option is not that common. I did try ask Stereo but they only have the "plug" type, not the cable type.

You can get from Aliexpress or Taobao. They have all kind of adaptors. I bought mine from there. Locally, you can check carousel, there are some customised cables adaptors.

Hi hifi_enthusiast,

Looking at the picture, the pin is TRRRS, that is there are 4 connectors and  a sleeve The initial "TR" should be left+ and left-. The next "RR" should be right+ and right-. The "s" should be the ground. I believe the cable connects only to "left+", "right+" and "ground". "Left-" and "right-" are unconnected.

So now the question is, is it better to use the non-balanced 3.5mm output, or from the 4.4mm balanced output?

Hi Bean, I also connect my Fiio to my car audio using 3.5mm cable. (also using Focal speakers and processor)

Since I am plugging and unplugging the Fiio constantly, my own reasoning is that it best to use different connectors to reduce 'wear and tear' 

Edited by hifi_enthusiast