Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Mine arrived last Thur. Super fast delivery from Amazon, although I did upgrade the delivery by paying US$5 more. Have been playing with it these few days - for fun as well as for work. Coming from GearVR (1st Gen), it is a huge upgrade for me.

Playing beat sabre, Super Hot demo, Bigscreen, Firefox VR, YouTube VR, and Virtual Desktop. When I read that the price is lower than Q1 and minimal (if at all) screen door effect, I told myself I need to get one 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you like it...I'm coming from Oculus Go...It is indeed a huge improvement. But the head strap really sucks. I'm ordering the Elite strap to relieve the tension on the front of my head. It is front heavy so playing long period of time can be very siong.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, desray said:

Glad you like it...I'm coming from Oculus Go...It is indeed a huge improvement. But the head strap really sucks. I'm ordering the Elite strap to relieve the tension on the front of my head. It is front heavy so playing long period of time can be very siong.

 

Agreed on the cheap head strap. Cost cutting to bring the price down I supposed - this I can accept. Waiting for your feedback on the elite head strap. Wanted to order bundle version with elite strap but not available then.

To reduce the front heaviness, I do minor adjustments of the strap to achieve the sweet spot. Of course with the elite strap, the process can be much simpler. 
 

Have you tried the 3D trailers on Bigscreen? I am not really a fan of 3D movies, but the 3D effect and clarity of some trailers are really enjoyable, particularly Ghost in the Shell trailer.

Edited by flyfoxx
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyfoxx said:

Agreed on the cheap head strap. Cost cutting to bring the price down I supposed - this I can accept. Waiting for your feedback on the elite head strap. Wanted to order bundle version with elite strap but not available then.

To reduce the front heaviness, I do minor adjustments of the strap to achieve the sweet spot. Of course with the elite strap, the process can be much simpler. 
 

Have you tried the 3D trailers on Bigscreen? I am not really a fan of 3D movies, but the 3D effect and clarity of some trailers are really enjoyable, particularly Ghost in the Shell trailer.

I hate to break it to you...there has been a lot of complaints about the Elite strap plastic handle "cracked" after the user removed the headset by force...yank it too much when they should first release the back valve first before removing the headset. I will say quality isn't that great for Elite strap but having say that, it could be user problem as well since user is supposed tighten and release the back valve before putting on and remove it after play.

And yes, this is BY FAR the BEST 3D VR experience I ever had...forget about Oculus Rift as Oculus will not be manufacturing tethered version of their VR headset anymore. 

Edited by desray
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, desray said:

I hate to break it to you...there has been a lot of complaints about the Elite strap plastic handle "cracked" after the user removed the headset by force...yank it too much when they should first release the back valve first before removing the headset. I will say quality isn't that great for Elite strap but having say that, it could be user problem as well since user is supposed tighten and release the back valve before putting on and remove it after play.

And yes, this is BY FAR the BEST 3D VR experience I ever had...forget about Oculus Rift as Oculus will not be manufacturing tethered version of their VR headset anymore. 

Noted the elite strap issues on Facebook as well as Reddit. Hopefully it is partly due to user’s fault. I will keep using the stock strap for the time being.

As I am also using it for work - spatial visualisation - I find the Quest 2 has tremendous potential since FB decided to discontinue the Rift. Meaning Q2 will be the concentration for future development - tethered or not. However, sadly there are still hoops to jump before VR visualisation can be implemented fluidly. Optimisation for performance is the key.

Let’s enjoy the upgraded experience of VR 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some may not know the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon XR2 chipset is actually very powerful...it can be used a a Mixed Reality headset as well. It is really up to developer and Oculus to harness those power. Elite strap right now all out of stock...have to wait till late Nov or Dec before I receive it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...