Closed mostly... Or we should clarify, CLOSED TO SINGLE PATRON!!!

The Cinemas are not actually closed. They're opened, but limits imposed to number of patrons, most of the available seats are allocated 2/booking or 2Seats/single purchase. So loners like me, will either hv to buy/book 2seats in a single transaction, or I'll hv to bear with bad positioning of single seats in unfavorable corners.

So... It's ur choice, wanna watch, suck thumb and be allocated to those damn corners, or pay the hell up, for 2seats in a position of ur choice.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:07 PM, YANG said:

Closed mostly... Or we should clarify, CLOSED TO SINGLE PATRON!!!

The Cinemas are not actually closed. They're opened, but limits imposed to number of patrons, most of the available seats are allocated 2/booking or 2Seats/single purchase. So loners like me, will either hv to buy/book 2seats in a single transaction, or I'll hv to bear with bad positioning of single seats in unfavorable corners.

So... It's ur choice, wanna watch, suck thumb and be allocated to those damn corners, or pay the hell up, for 2seats in a position of ur choice.

"Call a friend" ?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

My wife and I finally got out to see it last weekend. The cinemas had only just reopened, with a LOT of restrictions on capacity and seating layout.

Anyway, this is the first movie I have ever walked out on. Apart from being very complex and confusing, the dialogue is impossible to hear over the soundtrack. After 30 mins of perservering, we gave up. We had no clue what was going on, who any of the characters were, or what they were saying. A quick google after we left reveals we are not alone. It's being called Christopher Nolan's worst movie ever.

Such a shame as I was really looking forward to it. Looking forward to the Blu-ray now so at least we can turn on the subtitles!

What a pity. Guess will have to watch it at home with subtitles on.

Have only watched one movie this year... "1917".. cinemas are open here in Singapore with restrictions too. Nothing much interesting playing - so guess have to keep waiting. Hope Wonder Woman does hit the cinemas this year! ? 

On 11/22/2020 at 4:05 AM, Marc said:

I wonder how many 2020 releases have been held over until 2021 due to COVID. 

Maybe they should have just gone straight to streaming/Blu-ray this year. 

But many have gone straight to streaming or released in the cinemas simultaneously with streaming because of COVID-19 eg Mulan, Love & Monsters, The Witches, A Christmas Gift from Bob, Ludo, etc. 

• 1 month later...

Just watched it on Apple TV+, the soundtrack is really bad, speech is hardly audible, sound effects are too loud, couldn’t make head or tail of the plot the first time I watched it, the more I analysed it, the more confused I got ...