Dual opposed subwoofer

Does a diametrically opposed subwoofer act as one sub or 2 subs when:

a. Placed in the corner of the room 

b. Placed in the centre of one (front) wall

c. Placed in the centre of the room (near field and prob least practical) 

Any advice from gurus? Currently have a submersive and doing a new dedicated HT room.

If I need 4 submersives that’s prob overkill with 8 drivers in place???

It’s considered a single sub in my opinion. Multiple sub configuration are meant to allow for placement optimisation that can only be performed when there are physically separate subs. 

Colocated subs or multi driver subs aren’t considered as multiple subs. 

I have 2pcs of subs in my room. More is never overkill, but there is the law of diminishing returns. 

No matter how many drivers built in to a single casing, opposed/ inline/ direct coupling they are design to deal with coverage / compression / radiation/polar , is not consider as multi sub application to even out Bass response  to even out SPL in a give room issue.

You are welcome to hv a listen to Rythmik G22 , G25  and also our starke SUB 45.

There is a Xp user having 2xF18 + 1x G25  in a 3x4m hall setup , another with 4x F18 ,may arrange for visit.....

Yes do understand that, I think corner placement definitely makes it ‘one’ sub. Just wondering whether 2 dual opposed at opposite ends will work as well as 4 subs. 

Peng, will take up your offer for a listen. F18s are on my shortlist for new subs 😁

On 10/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, xfi said:

Yes do understand that, I think corner placement definitely makes it ‘one’ sub. Just wondering whether 2 dual opposed at opposite ends will work as well as 4 subs. 

Peng, will take up your offer for a listen. F18s are on my shortlist for new subs 😁

If the sub is as long as a bay window ledge spanning the entire width or length of the room, and one driver is at each end of the sub. Then yes, the dual opposed sub behaves like 2 subs one at each corner of the room. But you would not be able to EQ or delay them individually, so they best be symmetrically equidistant from the listening position. 

Hope this clarifies. Cheers!