Short Throw or Ultra Short Throw Projector for Watching Drama

My colleague ask me to recommend him a projector which preferably less than 1.5k to watch drama in a room with ambient lights.

He is not a videophile so not really focus so much on blackness or contrast. Most importantly the projector must be able to shoot a bright and sharp picture.

Any recommendation from bro here? He doesnt mind to import the projector from China or getting some good deal from Carousell.

My colleague ask me to recommend him a projector which preferably less than 1.5k to watch drama in a room with ambient lights.

He is not a videophile so not really focus so much on blackness or contrast. Most importantly the projector must be able to shoot a bright and sharp picture.

Any recommendation from bro here? He doesnt mind to import the projector from China or getting some good deal from Carousell.

This looks like worth the price. Hope it helps

https://lumosprojector.com/products/auro-home-cinema-projector?gclid=CjwKCAjwzvX7BRAeEiwAsXExo5xV6JtwWdUgpm5Gs7Cc9ar5CtSPahKjIO3J0XQV2Ha5VEajsetwIRoCg7IQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

+1 no brainer deal. SG Brand I think.

Not bright enough for huge living hall but sufficient for room usage dramas.

but not shortthrow wor...  this $299 LumOS need to be placed some distance away for good picture projection.

Yes the correct choice are UST projector and couple with UST lenticular screen .

Note that it will not be very sharp compare with those short and mid throw traditional projector for sure . Two factors the UST lens usually are made of plastic and it is light path axis will not be even . The other factor is the lenticular screen is not smooth that will not have a sharp image. The lenticular structure direct light path towards user  .

If your friend is not critical he can buy things that fit his budget .

One more just to add... Most of the STPs that i come across, doesn't comes with WiFi, hence basic smart apps like YouTube will be missed.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, FookLai said:

base on the requirement , a 1080p data projector with short throw lens can be a better choice then a HT base design that need to have a darken area to project a proper image and further more some brand even come wit a 3 yrs warranty and less then $1k..... panny/epson.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:36 PM, Djblackfm said:

I would err on the side of caution. The site mentioned 6000 lumens . Is it really 6000 lumens or Lux ? 6000 Lux is like 300 lumens only 

the other thing that I saw is it “claims to be the best PJ!”, best TOY projector maybe... for $299. Let’s not kid ourselves, the jVC nx7 retails for a few x more... lol

the other thing highlighted is the lens in use, clarity will be compromised. Make sure your friend check out the actual PJ itself before buying, ask for a demo. Don’t just read what’s stated on the site. My 2 cents 

a lot of these are just not suitable. If your friend is trying one, get it from some reputable Brand’s like BenQ or optoma 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, FookLai said:

Hey bro

This might not be the answer you were looking for, but if his viewing distance isn't too far, maybe he is better off with a nice 75" LED? It will be more suited to a living room environment, can double up to watch FTA and it should have all the built in apps too for things like Netflix etc. Most importantly, it will be far brighter..

Well... as TS had oredi mentioned, they're trying to keep the budget well under 1.5k where most of the bigger screen makes can't achieve... :)

One model does comes into mind... @ 75inch @ less than $1.5k, but i doubt that would attract interest from the buyer in terms of installation and "movability" if the user is shifting from hall projection to room projection. There are always pros and cons in either way.