Can Minidsp ddrc88a support BEQ?

I plan to use all the 8 rca outputs on the ddrc88a for - 5 channels for ear level speakers, 2 channels for my dual subs and 1 channel for my shaker. 

In the inputs side, I plan to use only 6 rca inputs - 5 inputs for the ear level speakers, and 1 input for the sub (using this input to link to another 3 outputs - 2 subs and 1 shaker)

Will this work perfectly with beq or is there some limitation that I need to take note?

And will there be any benefits if I add a 2x4hd to my setup just to manage my dual subs and shakers?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the cdsp 8x12 for BEQ. 6 analog input, 2 spdif input, 12 (yes 12) analog out.

Sync with the BEQ editor under 2x4hd setting, it defaults the filters to input channels 1 and 2.

Works well. [emoji51][emoji51]

Using this because it has enough channels for my needs. Using 6 output channels for 3 way active mains. Another 4 channels for various subs. And one for bass shakers. Still have one spare channel [emoji16]

Best thing is I can use digital spdif input from topping D10 dac for stereo listening, avoiding a DAC ADC DAC conversion cycle. Digital HT bypass. Haha.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

I plan to use all the 8 rca outputs on the ddrc88a for - 5 channels for ear level speakers, 2 channels for my dual subs and 1 channel for my shaker. 

In the inputs side, I plan to use only 6 rca inputs - 5 inputs for the ear level speakers, and 1 input for the sub (using this input to link to another 3 outputs - 2 subs and 1 shaker)

Will this work perfectly with beq or is there some limitation that I need to take note?

And will there be any benefits if I add a 2x4hd to my setup just to manage my dual subs and shakers?

As long you can assign which input channels the BEQ merge function applies the BEQ filters. In my case, it defaults to ch 1 and ch2.

So as long you assign your other 5 mains ch inputs to other inputs, and use input 1 and 2 for your subs it will work..

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Sevens,

You might be the first person to use the DDRC-88a for BEQ. I have not heard of anyone else in this forum using this yet.

I shall give it a shot. Thanks jag n wech :)

subs alignment, dsp, and Dirac in one package, and if can make beq work top, it's really vfm

Beq should work, only the xml file might not be compatible. Either you manually key in the filter value or convert the xml to compatible version.

Thanks kenshin. Are u using your ddrc24 for beq duties as well in your den? If yes, was the xml file compatible?

Thanks kenshin. Are u using your ddrc24 for beq duties as well in your den? If yes, was the xml file compatible?

last time (early this year) when I still used DDRC24, the auto uploading of BEQ xml file does not work, talked to minidsp technical team back and forth for a couple of weeks and they confirmed DDRC24 does not support auto uploading feature for normal BEQ xml. thus I changed to 2x4HD, not sure now the uploading works or not as Jag commented it's automatic now, but bro Ken should be able to test with latest firmware and confirm.

No the xml is not compatible, i just manually key in the value. I did a re fomat the xml files (re write) and it works just for my testing but very tedious work. yes i am using ddrc24

I have not tried the latest firmware updates yet. Let me try and get back.

0.9.5 beta 6 onwards seems to have added support for miniDSP 88a-BM. ~Jun time frame.

thanks jag. they just had a new stable pre-release for 0.9.5 (non beta). Just downloaded it but dunno where to begin.

I just cloned the GITHUB repository in <MERGE DSP CONFIG> menu. If anyone can list the steps to do to setup the BEQ step by step, I will be very thankful.

Steep learning curve and dunno where to begin.

thanks jag. they just had a new stable pre-release for 0.9.5 (non beta). Just downloaded it but dunno where to begin.

I just cloned the GITHUB repository in <MERGE DSP CONFIG> menu. If anyone can list the steps to do to setup the BEQ step by step, I will be very thankful.

Steep learning curve and dunno where to begin.

Bro Sevenz, AVS forum BEQ tread 1st post covered everything you need to know about BEQ and step by step guide. it is fairly easy, happy reading, [emoji2]

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/bass-eq-for-filtered-movies.2995212/

通过我的 CLT-L29 上的 Tapatalk发言

Bro Sevenz, AVS forum BEQ tread 1st post covered everything you need to know about BEQ and step by step guide. it is fairly easy, happy reading, [emoji2]

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/bass-eq-for-filtered-movies.2995212/

通过我的 CLT-L29 上的 Tapatalk发言

thanks bro keai. Yes I am using that now for ref. =)