Taiwan Chinese Tea Dongding Oolong

I am looking to buy Dongding Oolong Tea from Lugu Township, Nantou County .

A tin was given by a friend but paiseh to ask him where to buy.

The tin is green in colour with just the description Dongding Oolong Tea , Lugu Township, Nantou County and displayed on near a mark is the name Lugu Township Farmers Association.

Will try to post a picture if I can here. Need to learn how to do it so easily by FrancisWu.

Anyone can show how I can take a pick and post?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently drinking Pu'Erh , and 2 types of Taiwan Lugu and Gao Shan tea.   A little "itchy on the throat" so I just bought a few days ago thie FengHuang DanCong " DUCK **** TEA"  f

The 4 grams of tea on the left make 4 tea cups; shown on the 2nd pic, of tea drink.   This effort is not about promoting any particular tea but rather an interest of tea drinking .  

Posted Images

Thank you very much brother for the website. Very useful. Will contact them by email and show a picture of the tea leaves in the tin for them to identify. Of course different harvests but at least they can supply the closest to the one shown which I like.

Thanks again brother.

If you should be interested in the Oolong Dongding which I treasure I can take an image and send you by whattsApp if you pm me you Hp no.

Cheers!

Locally you can check out at Yue Hwa in Chinatown, over the counter for loose quantities and also on the shelf. You can ask the ladies at the counter to recommend also.

https://www.yuehwa.com.sg/

There are a few other tea shops in Chinatown for you to explore also.

As far as I know in the past, Yue Hwa selsl China teas.

For lovers of Chinese tea may I recommend a FengHuang Danchong from Chaozhou prefecture, China.

It is a tea that you can unmistakably identify whenever you drink with eyes closed. It is one of my favourite. I first tried it in Sg years ago . It is available in a red square tin in loose black leaves and is black tea. Very soothing and what we Chinese describe as 甘.

I was awarded 2 boxes of this type when I attended the Chaozhou clan association dinner last year. This type comes in sachets. It is osmanthus flavoured and also very 甘. Will be going one day to Chinatown to replenish my stock before it runs out.

When you drink good grade Dongding Oolong you may just be addicted to it. You won't forget its taste and fragrance.

If the past you mean 1970s or 1980s, then I dunno.  When I first step into there in the 1990s they already have Taiwanese teas.

Been there in early years but even in 1990s I do occasionally drop in with a friend who is a connoiseur

and we were tasting China tea served by a lady who recommended different flavours of premium teas.

Could have missed them. No mis-information intended.

Locally you can check out at Yue Hwa in Chinatown, over the counter for loose quantities and also on the shelf. You can ask the ladies at the counter to recommend also.

https://www.yuehwa.com.sg/

There are a few other tea shops in Chinatown for you to explore also.

Thanks bro. for the Yue Hwa website. Haven't been there for close to 6years.

Just saw its house brand Dongding Oolong. Taiwan tea is never cheap.

For a can of 150gm it cost $49/.

For the benefit of those who have a taste for Taiwan province tea I have received a reply from them as follows;

"..Thank you for your request and interest in Taiwan tea.

On stock we have 3 levels of DongDing teas:

https://taiwanleaftea.com/oolong-tea/dong-ding-oolong-tea

(flat and alpine level)

https://taiwanleaftea.com/oolong-tea/premium-dong-ding-oolong-tea

(premium level)

Standard pack is 150g vacuum sealed bag.

There is no minimum order quantity, you can buy 1 pcs with delivery to Singapore.

If you are looking for something special, please send photos by whatsapp +34644869496 and we will try to find this item for you.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Kind Regards,

Victoria

Taiwanleaftea"

They can be reached through their company template or by email sales@taiwanleaftea.com or +34644869496.

Credit goes to tane0019 for pointing the way to this company.